Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
Like it or not, Notre Dame earned the right to be thrashed in the BCS title game by virtue of being undefeated...

Because of all the BS polls, preseason polls, computer algorithms, etc., we were treated to that spectacle...

Sometimes, an underdog can defeat a more talented team in a one-off game...this is the entire reason Boise State is famous...

Sometimes, in a title game, you can have one for the ages (the 2003 Fiesta Bowl comes to mind - Miami vs. Ohio State)...other times, you have games like last night...

I think Te'o is a good player...I still think he's first round worthy...
First of all, it's rare for an ILB to be 1st-round worthy; not extremely rare, but not the general rule. Yes, Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis et al are worth first round picks, obviously. But I agree with another poster who said Te'o is about as good as Ray Maualuga, who is decent, just not as good as his hype was either. And, I don't think this game is merely just "one bad game." It was the first time he played a legit top team, and they blew him away, running right at him. He missed tackle after tackle. No way is he a top 10 talent - not even close.