Thread: Lefty or Batch & Do we stay @17 or move down for extra picks?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lefty or Batch & Do we stay @17 or move down for extra picks?

My preference would be to retain Batch. He's won some games for us in replacing Ben and he could be of help acclimating a new QB to this offense. This is the year I think the Steelers either draft a QB or pick one up in FA to replace Lefty, but I would prefer to draft one.

I like our position @ 17. If we could get that sure starter picking then, I would go for it, however I wouldn't be opposed to trading our first pick for more picks in the second. My preference would be staying at 17 IF we get a projected starter.
    The decisions will depend on who we keep and let go I assume, so it could go either way on how we approach the 2013 draft.

As most of you know by now, my preference at 17 would be NT John Jenkins. Let him compete with Fangupo & T'aAMU if he's not in jail, and move Mclenden to DE. Mclendon IMO is better suited to rush the passer than eating up blocks and stopping the run, I think he could push either Hood or Heyward to the bench. This senario might make a difference in our front seven, at any rate something needs to get done. Our sack totals were dismal for the last two years and need addressed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Batch over Lefty all day long. Been saying this for two years. Lefty is a china doll. I would love to see a stud defensive guy first round. We need every position IMO on D, so the BPA on Defense is good by me. Unless that RB from Bama is still there when we are up. Doubt that will happen.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Batch is retiring I thought?
    If so, we should have brought in some youth last Spring. Still can't fathom why they didn't keep JJohnson over either of these old men. If you get to the third stringer, you ain't winning anything anyway. Makes no sense why you keep 2 old vets.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    My preference would be to retain Batch. He's won some games for us in replacing Ben and he could be of help acclimating a new QB to this offense. This is the year I think the Steelers either draft a QB or pick one up in FA to replace Lefty, but I would prefer to draft one.

I like our position @ 17. If we could get that sure starter picking then, I would go for it, however I wouldn't be opposed to trading our first pick for more picks in the second. My preference would be staying at 17 IF we get a projected starter.
    The decisions will depend on who we keep and let go I assume, so it could go either way on how we approach the 2013 draft.

As most of you know by now, my preference at 17 would be NT John Jenkins. Let him compete with Fangupo & T'aAMU if he's not in jail, and move Mclenden to DE. Mclendon IMO is better suited to rush the passer than eating up blocks and stopping the run, I think he could push either Hood or Heyward to the bench. This senario might make a difference in our front seven, at any rate something needs to get done. Our sack totals were dismal for the last two years and need addressed.
    Jenkins has great talent, but he is inconsistent in his efforts (like most of the Georgia D).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    Batch is retiring I thought?
    If so, we should have brought in some youth last Spring. Still can't fathom why they didn't keep JJohnson over either of these old men. If you get to the third stringer, you ain't winning anything anyway. Makes no sense why you keep 2 old vets.
    Agreed. I hear he is still out there for the taking.

Sometimes it seems like Tomlin doesn't like change, so he keeps on keeping on, when change is necessary. Just a thought.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]