Thread: Barrett Jones Anyone?

Legend

User Info Menu

Barrett Jones Anyone?

I was extremely impressed with Jones last night. At Center he dominated a good ND defensive line. He has also played LT, Guard and now Center for championship teams. That is the kind of versatility that Tomlin loves. Love to get him in Round 2.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Didn't they say that four of the five O line starters for Bama are declaring? That line was so dominant last night that any one of them would be a good thing for us.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe he'd push Ben around if he got outtta line to0
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Maybe he'd push Ben around if he got outtta line to0
    That was one of the strangest things I have ever seen in a football game.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I was extremely impressed with Jones last night. At Center he dominated a good ND defensive line. He has also played LT, Guard and now Center for championship teams. That is the kind of versatility that Tomlin loves. Love to get him in Round 2.
    I don't see him lasting to our pick in the second, but that would be awesome. He is smart, competitive, tough, and athletic.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd consider him in Round 1 and let him play Guard for a year and then move to OT. However that is based on keeping Starks.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'd consider him in Round 1 and let him play Guard for a year and then move to OT. However that is based on keeping Starks.
    His best position is at guard or center. I agree he will likely be an early to mid round 2 pick based on his body of work. Good player who benefited from Warmack being next to him.