Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign LB Kion Willson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Sounds like you describe Sean Spence quite well. Hopefully his rehab is going well.
    Exactly what we hoping to see out of Spence, Ruthless, hopefully he can come back healthy and has retained his speed.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hmmm....Steelers sign Brian Rolle too. He may be one that makes the roster & contributes. Possibly even start until Spence gets healthy if they don't get Foote back. He has lots of upside...But undersized at 5-10.

All we need now is Thad Gibson back for a reunion. lol

Rookie

User Info Menu

Rolle started 13 games for the Eagles in '11...he had 63 tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble that he returned for a TD...

The guy they replaced him with last year in Philly was really a difference maker on that defense, eh?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Rolle started 13 games for the Eagles in '11...he had 63 tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble that he returned for a TD...

The guy they replaced him with last year in Philly was really a difference maker on that defense, eh?
    Well, it was only a matter of time after drafting Kendricks. Rolle was discouraged going into camp with Ryans being brought in & Kendricks being drafted. He was no SAM. Jordan beat him out and he left his ST play go downhill. If he takes advantage of a "second chance" could be a keeper. I'm sure motivation won't be a problem now.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Well, it was only a matter of time after drafting Kendricks. Rolle was discouraged going into camp with Ryans being brought in & Kendricks being drafted. He was no SAM. Jordan beat him out and he left his ST play go downhill. If he takes advantage of a "second chance" could be a keeper. I'm sure motivation won't be a problem now.
    He was an MLB at Ohio State...the OSU defense under Jim Heacock has a lot of similarities with LeBeau's defense, which is why we've brought OSU defensive players (although not necessarily highly drafted)...Doug Worthington, Cameron Heyward, Mike Kudla, Thaddeus Gibson...now, Bryan Rolle...

Rolle's MLB position at OSU matches most closely to the Steelers' Buck position, or where Foote started this last season...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Got to weed wack as much as possible to find players to upgrade every single unit on the team, and that's what this is. That being said, long odds he even makes the practice squad.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Don't overreact to news of futures contract signing. Here are guys we brought in on futures contracts last year: quarterback Jerrod Johnson, defensive tackle Mike Blanc, defensive tackle Kade Weston, inside linebacker Marshall McFadden, cornerback Antonio Smith, safety Myron Rolle.
    A well needed dose of perspective. Nobody signed to a futures contract provides any insight about what the Steelers think about anybody on the current roster. It merely means that they find something interesting in the player that leads them to want to kick the tires.

Legend

User Info Menu

The linebackers in Philly have been horrible. Demeco Ryans were improvements on a unit that was a weakness during almost the entirety of Andy Reid's tenure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He was an MLB at Ohio State...the OSU defense under Jim Heacock has a lot of similarities with LeBeau's defense, which is why we've brought OSU defensive players (although not necessarily highly drafted)...Doug Worthington, Cameron Heyward, Mike Kudla, Thaddeus Gibson...now, Bryan Rolle...

Rolle's MLB position at OSU matches most closely to the Steelers' Buck position, or where Foote started this last season...
    He has good cover skills & range. I personally think he would be best at Mack in the 3-4 with Timmons sliding to the Buck. I watch alot of Eagle games and was surprised they let him go. I though he looked really good his rookie year...A nice surprise. Kendricks is just a great player out of the gate and Rolle believes he is a starter. Might be a good time to get someone at his age who wants to prove something.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    That being said, long odds he even makes the practice squad.
    This guy started 13 games in the NFL...I would definitely bet on long odds...my return would be fantastic...