Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Lacy-RB Alabama

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like Lacy but, I don't see the Steelers taking a back in round one. Where is lacy going to run with no blocks? The line has to pave the way for any back even Adrian Peterson.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'd take Lacy in the first at 1.17 and never look back, that guy is a tank, thick lower body, good balance, makes quick decisions and finishes runs, all day with Lacy.

Pappy

YES! This guy was unbelievable, he ran with authority and dished out the hits. He could bring something back to the offense that has been missing, a tough physical presence with a little bit of meanness.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    He's like a clone of Trent Richardson. The guy is a beast.
    That's what I was thinking. If Art II wants to run the ball with attitude and power this is the guy for the job. I'd love to know how many times in his career at Alabama he was actually tackled and didn't get forward lean for at least one more yard. It seems like every run is downhill.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Out of breath... you mean like Dwyer?
    Dwyer would probably have Chadman covered.... that said- the Steelers would be well advised to invest in more oxygen tanks.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    YES! This guy was unbelievable, he ran with authority and dished out the hits. He could bring something back to the offense that has been missing, a tough physical presence with a little bit of meanness.
    While Lacy is a superior talent, both Redman & Dwyer resemble the type of RB you mention. Given that the Steelers are losing their biggest strike weapon in Wallace, and their biggest 'big play' RB in Mendenhall, wouldn't the Steelers be better off adding some strike power as opposed to another 'grinder'?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree, we need D picks this year. I think we can afford a running back, and a late WR. The rest needs to be D.
    Fine! Really don't want to use a 2 or 3 pick on a RB this year but it may be an absolute necessity. Mendenhall has not had any luck here. Between the injuries and other lapses it just seems he does not fit here. A change of scenery might be good for both him and the Steelers.

I have been yapping for a couple or three years now. When are they going to replace Farrior and Hampton for starters on the D? Now as several have pointed out a number of other key players are in the final phase of their careers. Methinks TS better also get live in the FA market again this year. This off season just does not have the look of a put a band aid on it and all is well.

QUESTION? What position does a team have the best chance of picking up a solid FA? RB? LB[I or O]? DB?or WR?

I really worried big time when Bal picked up that Boldin guy. I feared it would tip the scales in their favor. I really hate it when TS get out FO'd. Oh well, they have to go to Denver now. I suppose a couple or 3 deep Interference calls will destroy some of that mo they got built up now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    Fine! Really don't want to use a 2 or 3 pick on a RB this year but it may be an absolute necessity. Mendenhall has not had any luck here. Between the injuries and other lapses it just seems he does not fit here. A change of scenery might be good for both him and the Steelers.

I have been yapping for a couple or three years now. When are they going to replace Farrior and Hampton for starters on the D? Now as several have pointed out a number of other key players are in the final phase of their careers. Methinks TS better also get live in the FA market again this year. This off season just does not have the look of a put a band aid on it and all is well.

QUESTION? What position does a team have the best chance of picking up a solid FA? RB? LB[I or O]? DB?or WR?

I really worried big time when Bal picked up that Boldin guy. I feared it would tip the scales in their favor. I really hate it when TS get out FO'd. Oh well, they have to go to Denver now. I suppose a couple or 3 deep Interference calls will destroy some of that mo they got built up now.
    The one position that the Steelers can look to solidify through FA this year is one that isn't getting mentioned much- TE. Miller might be out for a significant amount of time, and picking up a vet FA might be a smart move. Chris Cooley, anyone?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'd take Lacy in the first at 1.17 and never look back, that guy is a tank, thick lower body, good balance, makes quick decisions and finishes runs, all day with Lacy.

Pappy
    Completely agree and then take Barrett Jones in Round 2.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we need to go with the pass rusher in the first round this year. I don't care if he is just a part time player but I'd love to get a guy who just goes after the QB. In the second I'd love to get a TE like Urtz but based on what other have said I don't know if he would last that long. I think he could give us that Gronk/Graham type of guy to bookend Heeeeeeeeath.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

What if teams became so enamored with the offensive linemen and running backs from Bama that Dee Millner falls to 1.17 (I've seen him mocked at around 1.13 - 1.15)? For whatever ridiculous reason last night ND kept attacking Millner until he finally deflected one that Clinton-Dix intercepted. I'm not sure what ND thought they saw on film that lead them to believe that Millner was the weak link in the secondary, but they must have seen something, because they kept challenging him (unsuccessfully).

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount