Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Lacy-RB Alabama

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why? Don't we already have the #1 defense in the NFL? Aren't we already paying the majority of our cap to the defense? Hasn't most blamed the offense for the down season we had and so we want to make the rich richer on defense. Somewhat illogical don't you think?
    True points, but we also have to address the fact that Troy and Clark are nearing retirement. And so is Harrison and Woodley just sucks. We have to address some D in the draft. And we could probably use a CB pick too. We really need a good draft this year, badly.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    YES! This guy was unbelievable, he ran with authority and dished out the hits. He could bring something back to the offense that has been missing, a tough physical presence with a little bit of meanness.
    I have liked Lacy all year. But, I am not sure 1.17 isn't a tad early. If we got him in the 2nd by ALL MEANS grab him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why? Don't we already have the #1 defense in the NFL? Aren't we already paying the majority of our cap to the defense? Hasn't most blamed the offense for the down season we had and so we want to make the rich richer on defense. Somewhat illogical don't you think?
    Well probably because Hampton, Foote, Troy, and James are about done.
    Trolls are people too.

Truth of the matter is, the good ol black and gold don't move much in a draft, unless it's down. Especially not in the first round. I was dying last year waiting for them to trade up to get DeCastro, I swear to god I saw the Lions take him. But they didn't and the front office proved to be once again, supurb. I was thinking along the same lines as ya'll last night going "we should get Lacy, even Todd Haley would have a hard time holding him back from a long run!" We ought to trade down in the first round to around 27 and pick up Lacy there with some extra picks to stock the god-awful secondary. Lewis will probably be gone and any time we can pick up a franchise back and restock the D in one draft we should take it. The O-line is young and ascending. Not only will Lacy provide a needed spark in the run game, but he will prolong Roethlisberger's career by taking the load off a bit. Ben has been dinged up way too much for his own good and I believe that even the first year with Lacy and the quickly developing O-line will be a huge load off Ben's shoulder. GET ME SOME LACY!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Did we trade up for Holmes or Troy or someone? Can't recall. Maybe they will pull a bold move and trade our 2nd round pick for a RB like we did with the Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain MI Delegate View Post
    Truth of the matter is, the good ol black and gold don't move much in a draft, unless it's down. Especially not in the first round. I was dying last year waiting for them to trade up to get DeCastro, I swear to god I saw the Lions take him. But they didn't and the front office proved to be once again, supurb. I was thinking along the same lines as ya'll last night going "we should get Lacy, even Todd Haley would have a hard time holding him back from a long run!" We ought to trade down in the first round to around 27 and pick up Lacy there with some extra picks to stock the god-awful secondary. Lewis will probably be gone and any time we can pick up a franchise back and restock the D in one draft we should take it. The O-line is young and ascending. Not only will Lacy provide a needed spark in the run game, but he will prolong Roethlisberger's career by taking the load off a bit. Ben has been dinged up way too much for his own good and I believe that even the first year with Lacy and the quickly developing O-line will be a huge load off Ben's shoulder. GET ME SOME LACY!!!!!!
    Welcome to the Planet

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Did we trade up for Holmes or Troy or someone? Can't recall. Maybe they will pull a bold move and trade our 2nd round pick for a RB like we did with the Bus.
    Both.......
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I honestly do not remember the last time the Steelers traded down. We have moved up a few times. Every year there is a lot of talk about trading down, but we seem to sit tight and take the BPA. I thought we got lucky as hell last year with DeCastro dropping. We should have plenty of options this year. Love the way Lacy runs, but I dont see us taking him at pick 17. Too many other glaring needs to be filled. Then again who is to say the Steelers wont consider him to be the BPA at #17?

Rookie

User Info Menu

IIRC, the Steelers traded down in 2001 three spots and selected Casey Hampton...

Then, they turned around and traded up in the 2nd to select Kendrell Bell...

Might be throwing caution to the wind here but what do ya'll think about Tyrann Mathieu? He'll be a mid-late round pick depending on his combine. Pros: We need secondary skills, and we can get a possibly elite corner who fits as a poor man's Troy Polamalu in style of play. Cons: He has the weed issues, though he appears to be closing down on that. Key word APPEARS to be. However, if any team is a good fit for Tyrann scheme wise it's Pittsburgh. Also note that if there is any team who can handle Tyrann's problems it's Pittsburgh. I would love to take a shot on him because the upside is extremely positive and the downside is not bad.