Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Steelers draft...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well then if it is helping him (to have maybe 3 fist round picks playing in front of him), then it would also help Te'o. And with this maybe that would show more of a separation between the two. ??????
    Teo has potentially two first round picks playing in front of him in Nix and Tuitt. So what is the excuse again?

Who other than John Jenkins is going to be a first round pick for Georgia that plays in front of Ogletree?

Not much separation if any between Te'o, Minter, and Ogletree.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Nix.... and if you look at Te'o's numbers the 3 previous years I don't think he has any INT's... one can say the DL is responsible for his success this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes I agree with this. I've been touting Minter since September. But to think that Kevin Minter isnt helped by having Mingo, Montgomery, Jenkins, Reid, Barrow, Bennie Logan, etc. is flat out not seeing the big picture.
    Jenkins plays for Georgia, not LSU.

Te'o's line is a very talented 3-4 DL. The sophomores Nix and Tuitt are projected first round talents who had fantastic years (until this game). And, Kapron Lewis-Moore is as good as most of the Alabama and Georgia 3-4 DEs. This is probably the best 3-4 defensive line in college football (that includes Georgia and Alabama).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post

Te'o's line is a very talented 3-4 DL. The sophomores Nix and Tuitt are projected first round talents who had fantastic years (until this game). And, Kapron Lewis-Moore is as good as most of the Alabama and Georgia 3-4 DEs. This is probably the best 3-4 defensive line in college football (that includes Georgia and Alabama).
    Well then the bama o-line shows what happens to a talented 3-4 defense. Makes a point for the guys here who want Warmack in the first.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Right. We were discussing both Ogletree and Minter. I got them mixed up.

But you guys can say all you want about the potential of Notre Dame's front, but right now they arent first round picks. Next year?...possibly. Minter and Ogltree are playing with first round picks right now. Big difference.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I know this, It was in relation to Ogletree. Thanks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Teo has potentially two first round picks playing in front of him in Nix and Tuitt. So what is the excuse again?

Who other than John Jenkins is going to be a first round pick for Georgia that plays in front of Ogletree?

Not much separation if any between Te'o, Minter, and Ogletree.
    Have you ever heard of Jarvis Jones? The best defensive player in this coming draft? He plays in front of Ogletree. All be it off to the side but never the less still in that front for Georgia.

Nix and Tuitt are still a work in progress. They are not first round picks this year. Maybe next year.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

But you guys can say all you want about the potential of Notre Dame's front, but right now they arent first round picks. Next year?...possibly. Minter and Ogltree are playing with first round picks right now. Big difference.
    Didn't know the draft had already happened. Right now it is all based on projections. You can't claim they already playing with first rounders.

We are also talking about Defensive tackles that protect the ILB'ers. You could argue that NIX is every bit as good or better than Jenkins and any LSU DT.

This argument doesn't hold much water in reality.

You also can't dismiss the huge differences in the level of competition that Ogletree and Minter faced.

Notre Dame played at least 5 pretty terrible teams with limited talent. Of course they feasted on those offenses.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know who you were watching, but outside of the Alabama game, Tuitt and Nix had fantastic seasons. They were nothing short of dominant as 3-4 linemen. They had plenty to do with Te'o's success this season just like they had plenty to do with his failures last night.

I don't disagree with your point overall, but he has very good talent in front of him.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Every college player we talk about this time of year is just projections. Many 1st rd picks will not be grat players. A few lower rd and UDFA will play very well and a couple will be great. 10 pages of beating a dead horse. A year from now we should all will see how Te'o plays in the NFL. Will he be over drafted? Maybe. Along with a long list of others.