Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Steelers draft...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Te'o in the 1st round?

With the way he's getting dominated by Alabama, we might be able to get him in the 2nd.
    With the level of competition he faced last night and his body of work, he will still be a top 20 pick.

However, he IS NOT a top 10 pick. He showed he is mortal against NFL type competition last night. Great player, but not worth a top ten pick. I think Kuechly last year was a better player.

He's going to run a 4.75 to 4.8 in the 40. I will be interested to see what his measurables come out to be. Dee is right in saying his best fit will be as an ILB in the 3-4.
    Last edited by BigRob; 01-08-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Manti is having a bad night along with the other 10 ND defenders. He is not only getting blocked, but he's made bad reads and crashed inside and the play went outside, he has struggled to get off blocks and when he has made a good read and shot a gap Lacy has run through his tackles. He is just having one of those games that you want to forget. On the other hand, I don't want the Steelers to draft him, maybe Lacy will declare and drop down to number 17, he would certainly be a good replacement for Mendenhall if the Steelers can't resign him. His legs are thick, he makes a decision and goes with it and he has nimble feet, love to see him in Black and Gold.

Pappy
    No thank you on Lacy. Anyone could run with that O-line in front of him. Alabama backs underachieve in the NFL. Look at Richardson. Was there anything there that shouted special this year?

Lacy isn't even as good as Richardson and Ingram.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And that might be the reason we should take Warmack if he's available. It's definitely not a need, but I'm thinking he just might be BPA when we pick.

Guess we can always try and trade down since we don't need the BPA.
    Warmack is going to go higher than Decastro last year. Too many teams need guards this year. Jets and Cowboys come to mind.

If he is BPA at 17, the Steelers might be forced to take him. He is just so dang dominant at everything.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    With the level of competition he faced last night and his body of work, he will still be a top 20 pick.

However, he IS NOT a top 10 pick. He showed he is mortal against NFL type competition last night. Great player, but not worth a top ten pick. I think Kuechly last year was a better player.
    Completely agree that Kuechly was a better player in college. The DL in front of Keuchly was no where near as good as the players in front of T'eo
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Completely agree that Kuechly was a better player in college. The DL in front of Keuchly was no where near as good as the players in front of T'eo
    A couple of scouts on Twitter are saying Te'o is very "Demeco Ryans" like. A great player, but no where near a top ten player.

I don't like ILB in the first much period, but Kuechly really turned it on the second half of the year for Carolina.

I'll take Minter in the 2nd/Late 1st over Te'o at this point. Minter proved he can play against this level of competition all season long.

Legend

User Info Menu

No thank you on Lacy. Anyone could run with that O-line in front of him. Alabama backs underachieve in the NFL. Look at Richardson. Was there anything there that shouted special this year?

Lacy isn't even as good as Richardson and Ingram.
    I'd take my chances with him, he runs downhill, has a low center of gravity, does well after contact, and has good balance. I've watched him twice this year and he's looked good on both occasions. Maybe, it's coincidence and maybe he'll suck as an NFL running back, but I'd take my chances with him. I also know the Steelers probably aren't taking a 1st round running back, so he won't be a Steeler. I'd be happy with Jones or Warmack and they're both trending mid to late first round.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'd take my chances with him, he runs downhill, has a low center of gravity, does well after contact, and has good balance. I've watched him twice this year and he's looked good on both occasions. Maybe, it's coincidence and maybe he'll suck as an NFL running back, but I'd take my chances with him. I also know the Steelers probably aren't taking a 1st round running back, so he won't be a Steeler. I'd be happy with Jones or Warmack and they're both trending mid to late first round.

Pappy
    Lacy will be lucky to be a late 1st round pick. That O-line makes every running back look all world. Good Back, not a first rounder. A second rounder he is.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's going to run a 4.75 to 4.8 in the 40. I will be interested to see what his measurables come out to be. Dee is right in saying his best fit will be as an ILB in the 3-4.
    Question, how do you think he Te'o would have done versus Alabama last night if he was the ILB on the Georgia Bulldogs? With their front 7 instead of Notre Dame's front 7? If we are going to judge someone based on the level of competition they face why not also consider the level of competition he is playing with?

I am not giving Te'o a pass for the missed tackles, but like Troy Polamalu he is going to get to a lot more plays than that of an average LB. Thus he is going to miss his share of tackles. The amount of splash plays he gives in return out weigh that to me.

If I was a team drafting in the top 10 and needed an ILB I'd still take him.
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 01-08-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Question, how do you think he Te'o would have done versus Alabama last night if he was the ILB on the Georgia Bulldogs? With their front 7 instead of Notre Dame's front 7? If we are going to judge someone based on the level of competition they face why also consider the level of competition he is playing with?

I am not giving Te'o a pass for the missed tackles, but like Troy Polamalu he is going to get to a lot more plays than that of an average LB. Thus he is going to miss his share of tackles. The amount of splash plays he gives in return out weigh that to me.

If I was a team drafting in the top 10 and needed an ILB I'd still take him.
    I am not spitting him over the fire for his performance last night. I have however not bought into all of the massive hype surrounding him this year.

ILB are just not that valuable in the NFL anymore. He is more "Demeco Ryans" and "AJ Hawk" than Luke Kuechly.

CB,LT,QB, and Pass Rushers are more valuable than ILB any day of the week.

Legend

User Info Menu

A second rounder he is.
    Thank you, Yoda Kiper, Jedi draft master.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.