Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 122

Thread: Will the Steelers draft...

  1. #31
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,300
    Manti is having a bad night along with the other 10 ND defenders. He is not only getting blocked, but he's made bad reads and crashed inside and the play went outside, he has struggled to get off blocks and when he has made a good read and shot a gap Lacy has run through his tackles. He is just having one of those games that you want to forget. On the other hand, I don't want the Steelers to draft him, maybe Lacy will declare and drop down to number 17, he would certainly be a good replacement for Mendenhall if the Steelers can't resign him. His legs are thick, he makes a decision and goes with it and he has nimble feet, love to see him in Black and Gold.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  2. #32
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    will his teammates help him actually wrap a tackle?
    Exactly. Is it his teammates fault that Te'o bit on the playaction which caused the TE to be wide open in the endzone for a TD?

    He was too worried about getting run over again by Lacy.

  3. #33
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the Alabama center Barrett Jones is manhandling ND's NT all by himself which is freeing up Alabama's OGs to get to the 2nd level and block the LBers.
    hawaiian, dont waste your time trying to explain the game of football to these guys.

    Dick Butkus in his prime would not have been able to shake Chance Warmack one on one at the second level.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  4. #34
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    hawaiian, dont waste your time trying to explain the game of football to these guys.

    Dick Butkus in his prime would not have been able to shake Chance Warmack one on one at the second level.
    Just out of curiosity how would you grade Te'o in tonight's game? I know he's your guy and the couple times I saw him play earlier in the season he played great and I thought he'll be a good ILB in the NFL. Tonight's game has to give you some cause for concern though playing against at least 3 offensive linemen that will be playing on Sunday in the near future.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  5. #35
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Just out of curiosity how would you grade Te'o in tonight's game? I know he's your guy and the couple times I saw him play earlier in the season he played great and I thought he'll be a good ILB in the NFL. Tonight's game has to give you some cause for concern though playing against at least 3 offensive linemen that will be playing on Sunday in the near future.

    Pappy
    There's no question he played well below what he is capable of playing. He did not play very well at. I see couple of things here. This is the biggest game he has ever played in. He and his teammates have never played in a game of this magnitude. On the other side, for Alabama, this is the second time in back to back years that they have played a game like this. For a guy like Barrett Jones this is his 3rd one in 4 years. No excuses but not only was Notre Dame over-matched talent wise but they were also over-whelmed by the stage they were on. Alabama is not just a great college football team. They are going to go down as one of the greatest of all time.

    It is my opinion that Manti Te'o would excel in a 3-4 defense. One in which the front 3 plug the gaps and allow him to flow to the ball. He could make splash plays if he is allowed to run at the ball carrier without having a 320 lb lineman coming at him. It is the reason Ray Lewis begged the Ravens to draft Hiloti Ngata.


    Remember one thing about him playing against NFL type players tonight, when Te'o is in the NFL he will play on a defense that has NFL players around him. He really didnt have the same type of quality players around him at Notre Dame as Alabama had coming at him.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  6. #36
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Just out of curiosity how would you grade Te'o in tonight's game? I know he's your guy and the couple times I saw him play earlier in the season he played great and I thought he'll be a good ILB in the NFL. Tonight's game has to give you some cause for concern though playing against at least 3 offensive linemen that will be playing on Sunday in the near future.

    Pappy
    And I have no concern about him based on tonight's game. I believe in the NFL he is going to me a great football player.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  7. #37
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,576
    Tend to agree that Te'o shouldn't be discounted based on 1 poor game. There are many factors that go into failure- it's not always the end result that someone should be judged on.

    Still, not certain that he'll be on the Steelers radar.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Actually, I don't play golf anymore. There is a difference between being a team player and getting worked. Te'o and the entire ND defense is getting worked. No need to take it personally. Oh, and btw.. no need to curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    hawaiian, dont waste your time trying to explain the game of football to these guys.

    Dick Butkus in his prime would not have been able to shake Chance Warmack one on one at the second level.
    i don't claim to be a football guru like yourself...but the last time I checked making a basic tackle was in the job description of a football player. That has nothing to do with Warmack or the other ND defenders. It is what it is...he had a bad game. Just wonder what it means for his stock in the draft.

  9. #39
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    There's no question he played well below what he is capable of playing. He did not play very well at. I see couple of things here. This is the biggest game he has ever played in. He and his teammates have never played in a game of this magnitude. On the other side, for Alabama, this is the second time in back to back years that they have played a game like this. For a guy like Barrett Jones this is his 3rd one in 4 years. No excuses but not only was Notre Dame over-matched talent wise but they were also over-whelmed by the stage they were on. Alabama is not just a great college football team. They are going to go down as one of the greatest of all time.

    It is my opinion that Manti Te'o would excel in a 3-4 defense. One in which the front 3 plug the gaps and allow him to flow to the ball. He could make splash plays if he is allowed to run at the ball carrier without having a 320 lb lineman coming at him. It is the reason Ray Lewis begged the Ravens to draft Hiloti Ngata.


    Remember one thing about him playing against NFL type players tonight, when Te'o is in the NFL he will play on a defense that has NFL players around him. He really didnt have the same type of quality players around him at Notre Dame as Alabama had coming at him.
    I would disagree with the blame your putting on the Notre Dame DL. Probably everyone of those defensive linemen will be playing on Sundays sooner or later. That is a very highly regarded DL so T'eo's failures can't be put on them. He was bad all by himself.

    The silver lining is that hopefully he was bad enough to be an option at #17. His times at the combine will determine where he gets slotted. If he can run near 4.5 he will be a Top 15 pick, however if he runs in the 4.8 range, as many expect, he will be in the lower half of the round.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #40
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,060
    Like I said in a previous thread, my Co - worker is a big Nd fan and this is what he said about him
    Overrated > check
    Miss tackles > check
    Take bad angles >check

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •