Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Steelers draft...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Don't get me wrong.. I like Te'o.

You have to put things into perspective though. He's playing against a very good Alabama team that has numerous NFL prospects. You would expect a Heisman candidate & top 5 / top 10 pick to make an impact. In fact, he's making a NEGATIVE impact right now. That is not what you want from a top 5 / top 10 pick.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Seriously? After 1 quarter of football? Wow..you guys are a tough crowd.

I'd still take him in a heart beat. I understand that a players value isn't based on his performance in just one game.
    What about after 4? What if he continues to get ragged dolled and man handled by that OL? It doesn't mean anything? Just a fluke?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL teams and scouts will look at his complete body of work. Put me down as one who thinks he will be a great player in the NFL. And this game tonight will have nothing to do with it one way or the other.
    and I'm not saying that a scout shouldn't. Just saying this game means something about his stock. It's going to take a hit...and rightfully so. I bet he is there for the Steelers when we pick.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

NFL teams and scouts will look at his complete body of work. Put me down as one who thinks he will be a great player in the NFL. And this game tonight will have nothing to do with it one way or the other.
    You do realize that his "body of work" isn't against a team like Alabama which is as close to the NFL in college as you can get. If this is any indication of his play against NFL talent then you've got to be worried.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    and I'm not saying that a scout shouldn't. Just saying this game means something about his stock. It's going to take a hit...and rightfully so. I bet he is there for the Steelers when we pick.
    I agree. It will definitely hurt his stock.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like another Rey Maleuga to me. Decent but against the talent he will see in the NFL nothing special.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Didn't see the game, but before we stick the pitchforks in Te'o, how did his DL hold up against the Alabama OL? If they got dominated, Chadman would come to expect that the LB's would get blown up as a result.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Didn't see the game, but before we stick the pitchforks in Te'o, how did his DL hold up against the Alabama OL? If they got dominated, Chadman would come to expect that the LB's would get blown up as a result.
    T'eo has been in position to.make stops but guys are running through his arm
    tackles.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You all are crazy. He can't line up and play them all by himself. He does need his other 10 teammates to show up too. There's no I in Team.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

1st rd pick has to be a 'can't miss'. Teo does not look like a 'can't miss'... but rather a 'cant tackle'. Being in position to make a tackle and simply not making it is not a good sign for a supposed top pick. And its happened more than once in this game.

No thank you to Teo.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 01-07-2013 at 11:17 PM.