Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric Fisher LOT Central Michigan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Eric Fisher LOT Central Michigan

I know Chance Warmack has been thrown around quite a bit, but could left tackle be more of a need with Willie Colon already under contract and Ramon Foster and Legs both probably likely being able to be signed for what it would take to sign big Max. Eric Fisher at 6'8" 310 Lbs may be. Nice solid addition and lock down LT for years to come. For his size he is said to have great feet and maneuverability.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if we go OL with the 1st, I would much prefer this pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I know Chance Warmack has been thrown around quite a bit, but could left tackle be more of a need with Willie Colon already under contract and Ramon Foster and Legs both probably likely being able to be signed for what it would take to sign big Max. Eric Fisher at 6'8" 310 Lbs may be. Nice solid addition and lock down LT for years to come. For his size he is said to have great feet and maneuverability.
    I watched his bowl game. He looked good. It will be interesting to see where he goes.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That position LT may be more important than LG at this point especially if we would lose Max. I think most of us lack confidence in either Adams or Gilbert playing LT if it comes to that. My question is can this kid you mentioned good enough to beat out the other options?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    That position LT may be more important than LG at this point especially if we would lose Max. I think most of us lack confidence in either Adams or Gilbert playing LT if it comes to that. My question is can this kid you mentioned good enough to beat out the other options?
    Yeah, he's actually a Left Tackle. Gilber and Adams are right tackles who can play the left in a pinch.

Starks isn't that good of a Left Tackle, we have just gotten very used to mediocrity.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Yeah, he's actually a Left Tackle. Gilber and Adams are right tackles who can play the left in a pinch.

Starks isn't that good of a Left Tackle, we have just gotten very used to mediocrity.
    Disagree with that- Adams is a prototypical LT, and played his college career there. As to if he's ready to start at LT or not....well, depending on what happens with Max, we might find out soon.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

Height: 6-8. Weight: 305.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
    Projected Round (2013): 1.

1/5/13: Fisher has versatility after starting at right tackle, guard and left tackle over his collegiate career. He eventually found home at left tackle in 2011 and was an All-Conference selection. Fisher has dominated his level of competition, and it will be interesting to see if he can continue that in the Senior Bowl.

Fisher is very quick on his feet. He uses that quickness to get deep in his pass drop to cut off speed-rushers. In the ground game, Fisher is fast to fire downfield to hit blocks on the second level of the defense. The speed can also be seen when he pulls around the other side of the line. Fisher would be a very good fit in a zone-blocking scheme.

It would be good if Fisher added some functional strength for the NFL. That will help him to push defensive linemen off the line of scrimmage. He has the frame to add on another 15-20 pounds of muscle and that would be ideal. Fisher's final collegiate game was impressive and should help him to be a first-round pick next April.

There is definitely some upside for Fisher to develop at the next level.

[URL]http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013OT.php[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Oddly enough this player is the #4 ranked overall OT, and yet he is frequently as low as 17. He must be a good one. But, you said in an earlier post "Starks 100% absolutely should be back hands down."

No one disagreed with that. [Me too] It just seems that of all the problem areas to address, using yet another high 1st or even 2nd rd pick on the OL does not seem likely.

I am working on a thread asking numerous questions based on problems being discussed in the threads this past week. That would be one.

1. Will the Steelers spend a 1st rd pick on an OL?------------?? Okay me says No
    2. If the season starts tomorrow will Wallace be here?-------??

Uh! I wasn't figuring on answering these many questions however, just asking them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You are current about my previous comment regarding Max. I thought we should re-sign him on a fair 2 year deal and look at drafting Chance Warmack to solidify the interior with Warmack-Pouncey-DeCastro.

Then I started looking at our real situation. We are stuck with Colon. We are against the cap and we may be able to sign both Foster and Legursky for what it would take to sign Max. I don't trust Adams or Gilbert for LT of the future. I think Adams could be the future at RT with Gilbert as a backup.

If we don't sign Starks though that would mean we would need a LT. Fisher is a guy that I saw in a lot of mock drafts falling down near our pick. The more I read about him the more I got to thinking LT may be a nice grab if Fisher could come in and compete. As a senior I thought he may be more polished then the junior OT's and he could add some more weight to add more beef to that huge frame to go with those quick feet.

Just my line of thinking on the possibility of adding a LT of the future anyway.
    @_Hellgrammite

Starter

User Info Menu

Mister Pittsburgh said: "If we don't sign Starks though that would mean we would need a LT. Fisher is a guy that I saw in a lot of mock drafts falling down near our pick. The more I read about him the more I got to thinking LT may be a nice grab if Fisher could come in and compete. As a senior I thought he may be more polished then the junior OT's and he could add some more weight to add more beef to that huge frame to go with those quick feet.

Just my line of thinking on the possibility of adding a LT of the future anyway.

The thought that Max Starks being anything but a Steeler just never crossed my mind. But the possibility always exists that the unthinkable can happen. In that event certainly an OT will be needed.

I was thinking an OL of Max Starks, Willie Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro and the best of other 3 very good candidates at RT would make for a real solid line. With every spot manned by a solid player very likely few if any injuries would occur. I'll bet the Indianapolis Colts would have liked to have that line protecting Luck last Sunday.

However, if circumstances require getting an OT this could be the answer. Incidentally, he is not going unnoticed. He is ranked #13 overall by CBS/NFLDS [nfldraftscout.com]

13 [URL="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1673079/eric-fisher"]Eric Fisher[/URL] OT 4 Central Michigan Sr 6-7 305