Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chance Warmack in round one?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Chance Warmack in round one?

Even with my preference of a NT, if Chance was there when we pick I would take him. He probably won't be but just for conversation would you pick him if available?

Just think:

LT.............STARKS

LG..............WARMACK

C...............POUNCEY

RG.............DECASTRO

RT.............ADAMS/GILBERT

I think Casey Hampton could run with that line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

NO! Need Defensive playmakers right now.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I couldn't argue that fact, besides Warmack likes to eat, sometimes too much. That could be an issue with him in the off season.
    They call Casey Hampton Big Snack, Warmack would be called three course meal.

Alabama's offensive line is best in the country but still operates in anonymity
    Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack, D.J. Fluker all could be first-round picks in NFL draft
    Warmack has dreams of competitive eating, a la "Man v. Food"
    TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The signature burger at Mugshots Grill and Bar is three all-beef patties, six strips of bacon, three slices of cheese — your choice, cheddar or American — along with tomatoes, pickles, lettuce and red onions, all layered on four bun slices, everything slathered in mayonnaise and mustard.

The challenge, should you choose to accept, is to devour the entire Mugshot — approximately 2½ pounds, post-cooked weight, and that's not counting the accompanying large order of fries, an onion ring and a fried pickle — in 12 minutes. Clearly, this is not a task for the faint of heartburn, but finish it and the food is free.

Chance Warmack ate two.

D.J. Fluker verifies the feat, which happened not long ago at the burger joint near the University of Alabama campus. Although Fluker knows his offensive linemate is an all-world eater, he still marvels. But Warmack just shrugs, says it's no big deal, and explains how he was able to accomplish it:

Legend

User Info Menu

As much as Chadman has advocated 'dominating the LOS', and Chance Warmack would go some way to doing that, it's got to be remembered that Willie Colon had possibly his best season pre-injury at LG, and DeCastro missed all but 2 games. It's quite possible that LOS dominance is possible with the guys already on the roster. Additionaly, Colon has been invested into quite substantionally, and is unlikely to be moved on, whereas Hampton is more than likely gone this year.

In the end, Warmack would be a good choice, just not Chadman's #1 choice.... at this point.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

put me down for a NO.

I don't believe we can afford to spend another 1st round pick on an interior OL.

nor is it needed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed. Our 2013 OLmen are already on the team. Colon will probably be the LG (barring any injuries) just because of the cap hit the team would take if they let him go.

Hampton's situation is interesting. He wants to keep playing and he would like to do it in the Burgh. He could be back for one more year.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Even with my preference of a NT, if Chance was there when we pick I would take him. He probably won't be but just for conversation would you pick him if available?

Just think:

LT.............STARKS

LG..............WARMACK

C...............POUNCEY

RG.............DECASTRO

RT.............ADAMS/GILBERT

I think Casey Hampton could run with that line.
    Yes to this!!!!!!!

I wouldn't hesitate to pick him a solidify our OL for the next 5-7 years.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    As much as Chadman has advocated 'dominating the LOS', and Chance Warmack would go some way to doing that, it's got to be remembered that Willie Colon had possibly his best season pre-injury at LG, and DeCastro missed all but 2 games. It's quite possible that LOS dominance is possible with the guys already on the roster. Additionaly, Colon has been invested into quite substantionally, and is unlikely to be moved on, whereas Hampton is more than likely gone this year.

In the end, Warmack would be a good choice, just not Chadman's #1 choice.... at this point.
    I get what your saying, so if no (chance) at Warmack, I take my original pick TNT...NT bIG jOHN jENKINS!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Agreed. Our 2013 OLmen are already on the team. Colon will probably be the LG (barring any injuries) just because of the cap hit the team would take if they let him go.

Hampton's situation is interesting. He wants to keep playing and he would like to do it in the Burgh. He could be back for one more year.
    The whole NT position is interesting at the moment. Hampton was clearly down on what he's been able to produce in the past. Despite everyone clamouring over McLendon, he couldn't surpass a clearly less effective Hampton- so where does that place McLendon? He might well be a player on the rise, but if his standard right now is lower than Casey's, that's not good enough to start. Ta'amu was obviously drafted to compete for NT, but that mid-season brain explosion could cost him dearly. He's only signed for this year & next on the league minimum, so he's an easy cut if the coaches don't think his head is in the right place. Fangupo, on the other hand, has been signed for 4 years (did anyone know that??).

Casey was paid $4m+ last season- he'd have to sign for no more than half of that, at best, for Chadman to think he's valuable enough to bring back. Given that there are now 3 young NT's on the roster, Chadman is no longer convinced that NT is the #1 priority in this draft (despite there being no real stand out future NT at this point). It might be that Hampton (on say $1m) combined with McLendon & either Ta'amu or Fangupo is the best scenario for next season. If neither McLendon or the successful Ta'amu/Fangupo can show enough to surpass Hampton next season, then the Steelers draft strategy will be forced on them in 2014- but that might be a palatable situation at this point.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Rookie

User Info Menu

The two down run stuffing nose tackle is probably not a first round priority for the Steelers...

If a player is large enough to man the nose in the Steelers D, he is probably going to need to get a breather on passing downs...if he has the size to man the nose and the ability to stay in the game and rush the QB effectively on passing downs, he is probably a top 5 pick...