Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offensive line coach I would like the Steelers to interview: Aaron Kromer

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Offensive line coach I would like the Steelers to interview: Aaron Kromer

Aaron Kromer is a very good offensive line coach. He helped develop some really good offensive linemen in New Orleans. This includes Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks, Jermon Bushrod. His contract with the Saints is up at the end of this season. I would love to see him in the Black and Yellow.

[URL="http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/coaches/aaron-kromer/e750d982-f3d2-4f38-bd9e-15aa21d518aa"]http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/coaches/aaron-kromer/e750d982-f3d2-4f38-bd9e-15aa21d518aa[/URL]

Entering his fifth season with the Saints, Aaron Kromer brings 22 years of coaching experience to the coaching staff, the majority of it developing and tutoring offensive linemen. He’s also responsible for the design and blocking schemes of the rushing attack.Entering his fifth season with the Saints, Aaron Kromer brings 22 years of coaching experience to the coaching staff, the majority of it developing and tutoring offensive linemen. He’s also responsible for the design and blocking schemes of the rushing attack.

After initially tutoring the Saints running backs in 2008, Kromer has tutored the Saints offensive line the past three seasons. The former college offensive lineman has developed the skills of seven Pro Bowl blockers during his time in the NFL, including three in 2011. Known for his teaching skills and attention to detail, five Saints blockers have been selected to the Pro Bowl under Kromer’s tutelage. The line has allowed just 70 sacks over the past three seasons, the third-lowest total in the NFL. In both 2009 and 2011, the New Orleans offensive line has been honored with the Madden Most Valuable Protectors Award, awarded annually to the best offensive line in the NFL.

After tutoring an offensive line in which all five players had started 22 consecutive regular season games, Kromer played a vital role in the development of two first-time starters in T Zach Strief and C Brian de la Puente in 2011. The line allowed just 24 sacks, tied for the second-fewest in the NFL, and played an instrumental role in blocking for an offense that set the league’s single-season yardage record as well as several other NFL marks, with a resurgent run game ranked sixth in the league, grinding out 132.9 yards per game, their most productive season since 1987. The guard tandem of Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks were selected as Pro Bowl starters and voted Associated Press All-Pro, while T Jermon Bushrod was selected to his first Pro Bowl. It marked the second time in three years that three of Kromer’s linemen were selected to the NFL’s All-Star Game.

The offensive line allowed only 26 sacks in 2010, the fifth-lowest total in the NFL. Evans and Nicks were selected to the Pro Bowl, marking Nicks’ first appearance.

In his first season in his new position in 2009, a trio of Kromer’s linemen were selected to the Pro Bowl, each for the first time: Evans, C Jonathan Goodwin and T Jon Stinchcomb. Thanks in part to the line’s strong performance, New Orleans was ranked first in the NFL both in total yards per game (403. and points scored (510). Churning out 131.6 yards per game on the ground, the New Orleans running game was ranked sixth in the league. The offensive line surrendered only 20 sacks, the NFL’s fourth-lowest total.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why wouldn't he stay in New Orleans with Payton coming back?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would like to see jack bicknell jr get a look.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why wouldn't he stay in New Orleans with Payton coming back?
    Maybe he wants to get away from the stigma that is now attached to Payton? How many head coaching/coordinator opportunities is he going to get while he is paired with Payton?

I could see him wanting a fresh start and building a reputation by turning around the Steelers o-line. Unfortunately I would say he is likely to stay with Payton in NO or go to the Bills with former NO coach Doug Marrone.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I would like to see jack bicknell jr get a look.
    I wouldn't mind to see this either. Did he work with Haley? I wonder how he feels about Haley.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I wouldn't mind to see this either. Did he work with Haley? I wonder how he feels about Haley.
    don't think he did.

was with the giants before KC.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    don't think he did.

was with the giants before KC.
    Ahh, he would be someone that might get a shot if he isn't retained (not likely) in KC. However, I think Aaron Kromer would be the dream candidate for me.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ahh, he would be someone that might get a shot if he isn't retained (not likely) in KC. However, I think Aaron Kromer would be the dream candidate for me.
    Sounds like Kromer would do wonders for for some of our younger off. lineman. That would be great to see.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sounds like Mularky will be fired as Jax HC. What do you guys think of Andy Heck as an OL coach candidate?

BIOGRAPHY
    Andy Heck is a veteran of 20 seasons in the NFL, with a career that includes 12 years as a player and eight in coaching. This is Heck’s seventh season as the Jaguars’ offensive line coach and his ninth season on the Jaguars staff.

Heck joined the Jaguars coaching staff on February 9, 2004 as the offensive assistant/assistant offensive line coach. He spent the 2005 season as Jaguars assistant offensive line coach before being promoted to offensive line coach in 2006.

The Jaguars offensive line in 2011 paved the way for Maurice Jones-Drew to win the NFL rushing title with 1,606 rushing yards, which also broke Fred Taylor’s franchise single-season rushing record. Key to Jones-Drew’s success has been the presence of veteran center Brad Meester. In 2011 Meester became the first player to play 12 seasons for the Jaguars, and he eclipsed the franchise record for career games played with 177.

In 2010 the Jaguars boasted the third-ranked rushing offense in the NFL, averaging 149.7 yards per game including a 4.7-yards-per-carry average that ranked fifth in the league. The team’s 2,395 rushing yards were the second-most in team history, and this was achieved despite having only two offensive linemen – Meester and Uche Nwaneri – starting all 16 games.

In 2009 Heck was the beneficiary of the Jaguars’ first two draft choices being offensive tackles. Charged with integrating the two promising rookies into the lineup, Heck led Eugene Monroe to make 13 starts at left tackle while Eben Britton started 15 games at right tackle. The two rookies’ appearance in the opening day starting lineup distinguished them as the first pair of rookie tackles to start an opener since 1982 when Luis Sharpe and Tootie Robbins started for the St. Louis Cardinals.

In 2008 the Jaguars line was decimated at the outset when starting guards Maurice Williams and Vince Manuwai were lost to season-ending injuries on opening day. Meester also missed the first six games of that season with a biceps injury before joining the lineup.

Under Heck the line paved the way in 2006 and 2007 to the two highest single-season rushing totals in franchise history to date, and two of the three lowest sack totals. The Jaguars set the single-season franchise-record for rushing yards (2,541) in 2006 including a franchise-record 375 yards against Indianapolis, and allowed only 30 sacks, the second-fewest in team history. In 2007 the line led the way for 2,391 rushing yards (149.4), the most in the AFC and second-highest total in the NFL, and the team allowed only 31 sacks, the third-fewest in franchise history.

Prior to joining the Jaguars Heck served three seasons on the University of Virginia coaching staff, the first two seasons as a graduate assistant and the final year as tight ends coach. He tutored All-America tight end Heath Miller, who set numerous Atlantic Coast Conference tight end records for receiving and scoring. Miller was a first-round pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2005.

Prior to joining the Virginia staff, Heck played in the NFL for 12 seasons (1989-2000) as a standout offensive lineman. He finished his playing career with the Washington Redskins, where he played for two seasons. As the starting left tackle in 1999 he blocked for an offense that ranked second in the NFL. From 1994 to 1998 Heck was a five-year starter for the Chicago Bears. In 1995, he gave up no sacks as part of an offensive line that yielded the fewest sacks in the NFL.

Heck was drafted in the first round (15th overall) by the Seattle Seahawks, where he was a unanimous All-Rookie selection in 1989. A starter for all five years with the Seahawks, he played three seasons without missing a snap.

Heck's fifth-grade teacher, Marylou Winkler of Annandale, Va., was named NFL Teacher of the Year in January of 1994, after being nominated by Heck. She received $5,000 from the NFL and the school received a $10,000 scholarship in both of their names.

A 1989 graduate of Notre Dame, Heck received a bachelor's degree in American studies. A first-team All-America selection, he co-captained the 1988 national championship team that finished 12-0. Heck was a tight end for his first three seasons at Notre Dame before moving to tackle in spring drills in his senior season.

Heck was born January 1, 1967, in Fargo, North Dakota. He and his wife, Jennifer, have four children: Jonathan, Charlie, Molly and Evelyn, and live in Ponte Vedra Beach.

COACHING BACKGROUND: Virginia 2001-03, Jacksonville Jaguars 2004-12.

LESS -

Legend

User Info Menu

I would love to see him in the Black and Yellow.
    Now Steeler fans are now using "black and YELLOW"...???...Seriously???

I hate that Wiz Khalifa...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.