Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My offseason prediction for Mike Wallace

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My offseason prediction for Mike Wallace

Now that Chip Kelly has moved on from the NFL for another year. I started thinking about where Mike Wallace would play.

There are two possibilities in my mind. Washington and Cleveland.

Washington needs a burner on the outside for RGIII. Pierre Garcon is best when paired up with someone on the otherside. I could really see this happening. However.....

Cleveland has $47 million dollars in cap space as of today! This is per Peter King.

Cleveland is going to be sticking with Weeden for one more year. They have the cap space to dump into Wallace. A receiving corp of Wallace, Gordon, and Greg Little is going to look appealing to them.

It will also appeal to them to take Wallace from the Steelers.

This is my prediction for Wallace. Where do you think he will end up playing next year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My guess is the Steelers or 49ers, I don't know why people are assuming that they still don't won't to work out a contract with each other. If they wanted to before the season I don't think they just all of a sudden changed their mind.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    My guess is the Steelers or 49ers, I don't know why people are assuming that they still don't won't to work out a contract with each other. If they wanted to before the season I don't think they just all of a sudden changed their mind.
    I think re-signing Keenan Lewis has become a higher priority for the Steelers than re-signing Wallace.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Also because many have reported that Wallace doesn't WANT to be a Steeler. Combine that with the need to lock-up a more important position with Keenan Lewis, you have bye bye Wallace.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Also because many have reported that Wallace doesn't WANT to be a Steeler. Combine that with the need to lock-up a more important position with Keenan Lewis, you have bye bye Wallace.
    Many reported that Andy Reid was going to Arizona too. Many reported that Wallace wanted Fitz money and that myth has continued on despite no reputable source. I'll wait on an announcement from the team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Many reported that Andy Reid was going to Arizona too. Many reported that Wallace wanted Fitz money and that myth has continued on despite no reputable source. I'll wait on an announcement from the team.
    Keep waiting, he's not going to re-sign with the Steelers until he sees what teams will pay him vs the Steelers. In case you haven't noticed Lewis is higher priority and we are cap poor.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Keep waiting, he's not going to re-sign with the Steelers until he sees what teams will pay him vs the Steelers. In case you haven't noticed Lewis is higher priority and we are cap poor.
    I've noticed a lot of things. What I haven't noticed is Wallace (or any other credible source) saying that he doesn't want to be a Steeler.

Legend

User Info Menu

When you are coming off back-to-back 12-4 seasons, a team is more likely to hold on to veteran starters to continue their successful run. However, when you are coming off an 8-8 season and missing the playoffs, a team is more apt to skew more toward youth that has a long-term future over aging players that have no long-term future.

With this in mind, I think the team does what it takes to keep Lewis and Wallace on board (even if many fans on message boards planned to rejoice when Wallace signed elsewhere). They might even try to bring back Mendenhall (who has even less support on Steeler message boards than Wallace).

In order to make this happen, they may have to make some tough calls on popular Steeler stars (something that Tomlin did once upon a time with Joey Porter). Folks here may not like moves like this, but locking up young talent and parting ways with older pricey players has long been a Steeler staple. Now that a bit of time has passed since our last Super Bowl appearance in 2010 and our last Super Bowl victory in 2008, the front office may go back to this youth-centric way of business as opposing to continuing to hold on to Super Bowl heroes.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I've noticed a lot of things. What I haven't noticed is Wallace (or any other credible source) saying that he doesn't want to be a Steeler.
    James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

As I posted at [URL]http://SCI.net[/URL] , Walllace wants to leave, Keenan wants to stay, Max thinks he's already gone, Foote will come back cheap

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

As I posted at [URL]http://SCI.net[/URL] , Walllace wants to leave, Keenan wants to stay, Max thinks he's already gone, Foote will come back cheap

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    Like I said...