Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My offseason prediction for Mike Wallace

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Think about this, the ones saying Wallace don't want to stay because of Haley or jealous of Brown or what ever the reason if the Steelers offered him the right amount, do you really think he would leave.... Would you? I say He'll no!
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Wexell is a very credible reporter.

I agree. He IMO is the best of the beat writers.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Think about this, the ones saying Wallace don't want to stay because of Haley or jealous of Brown or what ever the reason if the Steelers offered him the right amount, do you really think he would leave.... Would you? I say He'll no!
    I agree its about the money. Someone will offer him more to ply his services elsewhere than the Steelers would to stay. Plain and simple.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    My guess is the Steelers or 49ers, I don't know why people are assuming that they still don't won't to work out a contract with each other. If they wanted to before the season I don't think they just all of a sudden changed their mind.
    It is hardly "all of a sudden." Since before last season, all Wallace did was hold out all through camp, gripe and moan, ask for an out-of-this-world contract and then suck on the field all season long. Do you really think new attitudes were formed "all of a sudden?" You are kidding, right? This team had bad chemistry, and Wallace was one of the major roots to cause it. Get the frick out of town, you punk.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I agree its about the money. Someone will offer him more to ply his services elsewhere than the Steelers would to stay. Plain and simple.
    I agree with Rob. It's not that the Steelers don't want him or don't think the team is weakened by his leaving; it's a matter of realistically dealing with their cap situation as well as the number of teams that have a huge amount of space, some of them willing to throw a ton of $$ at the fastest WR in the NFL. Love to be wrong, but just not seeing how PGH will compete. I don't think it will be a $1 or $2 million a year difference. Can't fault MW for taking the chance to take care of generations of his family.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    It is hardly "all of a sudden." Since before last season, all Wallace did was hold out all through camp, gripe and moan, ask for an out-of-this-world contract and then suck on the field all season long. Do you really think new attitudes were formed "all of a sudden?" You are kidding, right? This team had bad chemistry, and Wallace was one of the major roots to cause it. Get the frick out of town, you punk.
    When did Wallace gripe and moan?? How do you know what he wanted in his contract when neither side was discussing that in public? What is it that makes you think that he was a cause of bad chemistry in any way?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The only really good reason, IMO, for lack of effort is bad health. Wallace was probably one of the healthiest players they had, so I would say his obvious malaise, in the effort dept., would be considered when the Steelers think about whom to sign. Wallace wants the big bucks, and I think he feels slighted by the amount given to Brown. The Steelers simply cannot offer him as much or more than they did Brown because they would then be rewarding lack of effort. That is generally not how they do things. So the only way I see them signing Wallace is if the open market completely falls apart for him and no one else wants to pay him much.

Contrast that to Lewis, who stayed on the practice field during Training camp when he was injured. Who set personal highs and really excelled and who tried to compete during the playoff drive when he was gimpy.

I think Mendenhall would also be considered to resign because even if sometimes dances and doesn't produce as much as fans want, I think he plays hard. You may question his attitude over not showing up for a game. Possibly was a misunderstanding. I don't see him as having a chronic bad attitude. He always seems extremely mellow.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Does anyone think the Steelers rushed to sign A. Brown? He got the money and wasn't the same WR as the year before, where Mike STILL led all receivers even having a bad year to his standards.

I agree too, that deep down the Steelers would still like to sign Mike but he wants the best offer he can get. I still think he is valuable and if he leaves anyteam that signs him will be better. Brown had that good year before this one on account of Wallace, no ones going to double cover Brown like they do with Wallace.

You know whats scary, if the Patriots would sign him.

Legend

User Info Menu

They didn't rush to sign Brown.. they need to lock up a WR and IMO Brown is the better option. Sure the stats don't prove it but Nate Washington made big money running go routes and Sweed could have made big money if he had hands running the go route.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lock up Lewis first...Then worry about Wallace. Lewis earned a new contract. Wallace may have damaged his value but I'm sure someone will pay him on his 2010-2011 production. I don't want Wallace to go anywhere but I believe Lewis will be locked up & Wallace will go elsewhere.