Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My offseason prediction for Mike Wallace

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think Miami's top WR target this offseason will be Greg Jennings (Philbin worked with him in Green Bay). If not him, then perhaps Dwayne Bowe. I'd say Wallace would be his third choice.

It would be interesting (and scary) to see Wallace opposite A.J. Green in Cincy. With Green always double covered, imagine Wallace flying through secondaries in single coverage. The Bengals have plenty of cap space, but Mike Brown is still notoriously cheap. Plus, Andy Dalton doesn't have the biggest arm, so Wallace's biggest strength may go to waste if the QB can't get him the ball deep consistently.

Wallace's best years were with Arians, so the Cards could make a play for him opposite Fitz (for somewhat less than Fitz money, of course). The Cards' QB situation is god-awful, but you'd imagine that potential free agent QB's would all make Arizona their first choice if they had Fitz and Wallace as weapons.
    I for one don't believe that Wallace will be back with the steelers in2013, and their is no way that Mendy will be back in 2013 just listen to Colbert.
    The one FA that the steelers need to resign is Starks,noone one this team is capable to play LT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Now that Chip Kelly has moved on from the NFL for another year. I started thinking about where Mike Wallace would play.

There are two possibilities in my mind. Washington and Cleveland.

Washington needs a burner on the outside for RGIII. Pierre Garcon is best when paired up with someone on the otherside. I could really see this happening. However.....

Cleveland has $47 million dollars in cap space as of today! This is per Peter King.

Cleveland is going to be sticking with Weeden for one more year. They have the cap space to dump into Wallace. A receiving corp of Wallace, Gordon, and Greg Little is going to look appealing to them.

It will also appeal to them to take Wallace from the Steelers.

This is my prediction for Wallace. Where do you think he will end up playing next year?

Only one problem with Wallace to CLE. Weeden is a pee-pee armed QB. Talk about Ben underthrowing??... Weeden would be worse.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can see a panzy like Wallace wanting to go play in warm weather or somewhere on turf.

Since Al Davis is no longer alive it's hard to say at this point.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I can see a panzy like Wallace wanting to go play in warm weather or somewhere on turf.

Since Al Davis is no longer alive it's hard to say at this point.
    If your biggest asset is speed, you don't have to be a panzy to want to play where you can make the most of your strength.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    If your biggest asset is speed, you don't have to be a panzy to want to play where you can make the most of your strength.
    He can go play in a dome or in warm weather and regardless he's still a panzy who won't fight for a ball that isn't perfectly thrown.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Patriots to target Mike Wallace?

February 26, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

Not only did Tom Brady’s new contract free up some cap space to potentially re-sign Wes Welker, it could also help the Patriots finally acquire the deep threat they’ve been looking for.

As Ian Rapoport of NFL.com points out, Wallace “has always garnered” the praise of Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.

Belichick and the Patriots know Brady doesn’t have a lot of time left in the NFL as he gets ready to turn 36 this year, they might be willing to overpay for a player like Wallace to try to get at least one more Super Bowl title.

It will be interesting to see what happens once free agency kicks off on March 12th.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

They were talking about Wallace on Charlotte radio. Basically said he would cost too much to bring to Carolina. I'm not sure if it's accurate but they used the $10 mill per year and said he wasn't worth it because he is one dimensional.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Wexell is a very credible reporter.
    didnt wexell say woodley was the same size as he was a couple years ago and in the same shape?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My guess is, he's looking for property in South Beach. Miami Dolphins....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still say Wallace will end up with the Rams. It will be very attractive for him to play in a dome on a fast surface. Bradford won't have any problem throwing deep to him and he will compliment Danny Amendola very well.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!