Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66

Thread: My offseason prediction for Mike Wallace

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381

    My offseason prediction for Mike Wallace

    Now that Chip Kelly has moved on from the NFL for another year. I started thinking about where Mike Wallace would play.

    There are two possibilities in my mind. Washington and Cleveland.

    Washington needs a burner on the outside for RGIII. Pierre Garcon is best when paired up with someone on the otherside. I could really see this happening. However.....

    Cleveland has $47 million dollars in cap space as of today! This is per Peter King.

    Cleveland is going to be sticking with Weeden for one more year. They have the cap space to dump into Wallace. A receiving corp of Wallace, Gordon, and Greg Little is going to look appealing to them.

    It will also appeal to them to take Wallace from the Steelers.

    This is my prediction for Wallace. Where do you think he will end up playing next year?

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,069
    My guess is the Steelers or 49ers, I don't know why people are assuming that they still don't won't to work out a contract with each other. If they wanted to before the season I don't think they just all of a sudden changed their mind.

  3. #3
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    My guess is the Steelers or 49ers, I don't know why people are assuming that they still don't won't to work out a contract with each other. If they wanted to before the season I don't think they just all of a sudden changed their mind.
    I think re-signing Keenan Lewis has become a higher priority for the Steelers than re-signing Wallace.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    My guess is the Steelers or 49ers, I don't know why people are assuming that they still don't won't to work out a contract with each other. If they wanted to before the season I don't think they just all of a sudden changed their mind.
    Also because many have reported that Wallace doesn't WANT to be a Steeler. Combine that with the need to lock-up a more important position with Keenan Lewis, you have bye bye Wallace.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Also because many have reported that Wallace doesn't WANT to be a Steeler. Combine that with the need to lock-up a more important position with Keenan Lewis, you have bye bye Wallace.
    Many reported that Andy Reid was going to Arizona too. Many reported that Wallace wanted Fitz money and that myth has continued on despite no reputable source. I'll wait on an announcement from the team.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Many reported that Andy Reid was going to Arizona too. Many reported that Wallace wanted Fitz money and that myth has continued on despite no reputable source. I'll wait on an announcement from the team.
    Keep waiting, he's not going to re-sign with the Steelers until he sees what teams will pay him vs the Steelers. In case you haven't noticed Lewis is higher priority and we are cap poor.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Keep waiting, he's not going to re-sign with the Steelers until he sees what teams will pay him vs the Steelers. In case you haven't noticed Lewis is higher priority and we are cap poor.
    I've noticed a lot of things. What I haven't noticed is Wallace (or any other credible source) saying that he doesn't want to be a Steeler.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    My guess is the Steelers or 49ers, I don't know why people are assuming that they still don't won't to work out a contract with each other. If they wanted to before the season I don't think they just all of a sudden changed their mind.
    It is hardly "all of a sudden." Since before last season, all Wallace did was hold out all through camp, gripe and moan, ask for an out-of-this-world contract and then suck on the field all season long. Do you really think new attitudes were formed "all of a sudden?" You are kidding, right? This team had bad chemistry, and Wallace was one of the major roots to cause it. Get the frick out of town, you punk.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    It is hardly "all of a sudden." Since before last season, all Wallace did was hold out all through camp, gripe and moan, ask for an out-of-this-world contract and then suck on the field all season long. Do you really think new attitudes were formed "all of a sudden?" You are kidding, right? This team had bad chemistry, and Wallace was one of the major roots to cause it. Get the frick out of town, you punk.
    When did Wallace gripe and moan?? How do you know what he wanted in his contract when neither side was discussing that in public? What is it that makes you think that he was a cause of bad chemistry in any way?

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Does anyone think the Steelers rushed to sign A. Brown? He got the money and wasn't the same WR as the year before, where Mike STILL led all receivers even having a bad year to his standards.

    I agree too, that deep down the Steelers would still like to sign Mike but he wants the best offer he can get. I still think he is valuable and if he leaves anyteam that signs him will be better. Brown had that good year before this one on account of Wallace, no ones going to double cover Brown like they do with Wallace.

    You know whats scary, if the Patriots would sign him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •