Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My offseason prediction for Mike Wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Patriots to target Mike Wallace?

February 26, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

Not only did Tom Brady’s new contract free up some cap space to potentially re-sign Wes Welker, it could also help the Patriots finally acquire the deep threat they’ve been looking for.

As Ian Rapoport of NFL.com points out, Wallace “has always garnered” the praise of Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.

Belichick and the Patriots know Brady doesn’t have a lot of time left in the NFL as he gets ready to turn 36 this year, they might be willing to overpay for a player like Wallace to try to get at least one more Super Bowl title.

It will be interesting to see what happens once free agency kicks off on March 12th.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com[/URL]
    I said a long time ago that the Patriots are the ones who I think will go after Wallace. They have a limited window of about 2-3 years to get that 4th Super Bowl with Brady. However, they will find out real quick that Mike Wallace is not Randy Moss.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Umm... when have the Patriots ever paid top dollar for a one dimensional WR?

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace: 5 teams that will take a chance

Posted by Mike Presley on Feb 26, 2013

Pittsburgh Steelers’ wide receiver Mike Wallace is heading towards free agency and into the welcoming arms of some desperate wide receiver needy teams. Now don’t get me wrong, Dwayne Bowe and Greg Jennings will be other names teams will be going after, but Wallace is the best option for any team looking for a receiver.

One of the big benefits to signing Mike Wallace in the off-season is his speed. As anyone who has played the Pittsburgh Steelers can tell you, or any corner who has tried to keep up with Mike Wallace would tell you, you just can’t slow him down. Wallace admitted that he has lost his focus a bit with his new Steelers offense under Todd Haley, but when he is focused, Wallace is one of the best receivers on the field. These five teams need to make a play for him or face another year without a legit number one receiver.

Mike Wallace could be calling one of these teams home.

Oakland Raiders: The Raiders were all about speed under Al Davis and I don’t expect nothing to change. Wallace would be an ideal candidate to be signed by the Raiders, especially if they add Geno Smith through the Draft. Geno will need some one to throw the ball to and Wallace would fit well in Oakland. A Smith to Wallace combination could be deadly and put the AFC West on notice that this isn’t the old Oakland Raiders.

Cleveland Browns: While his speed will fit in perfectly with what the Raiders look for, he also fits real nice in Norv Turner’s offense. Whether it is Weeden or someone else, the Browns need to find a perfect compliment to Josh Gordon who I believe will excel in Turner’s offense. Wallace by far is the perfect compliment and would do wonders for a Browns team that did better than their record indicated.

Minnesota Vikings: Adrian Peterson can carry the load by himself but that will just wear him out, the Vikings need some kind of passing game. Kyle Rudolph has become Christian Ponder’s favorite target but a speedy receiver like Wallace will allow the Vikings to open up their offense even more.

Seattle Seahawks: Wallace would add so much to an already dangerous offense led by Russell Wilson, this is a move that I can easily see them making. The Seahawks are already dangerous but Wallace could take them over the top as a Super Bowl contender. It also could put them over the top against the 49ers in order to take the division to help their chances in the playoffs by securing a home playoff game.

San Francisco 49ers: Speaking of the 49ers, while Randy Moss and Michael Crabtree are nice, I still say the 49ers need to find a legit number two guy across from Crabtree. One of the reasons why the Ravens were able to do what they did in the Super Bowl was because they got receivers who have speed. Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones and Anquan Boldin. Their best bet for an Atlanta type of offense would be to go out and get Wallace to help their chances of not only getting back to the Super Bowl, but winning it.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/13023718?widget=true[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000145968/article/top-85-free-agents-mike-wallace-heads-best-available[/url]

Wallace is listed as nfl.com's top free agent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Awesomeness
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.