Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible FA Replacement For Mike Wallace

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    How about we just sign the best TE we can get? He can help with protection, but also catch passes. With Heath being injured, it's good to have someone on the team that will be able to replace him or team with him when needed.
    We will probably need to draft a TE anyway...so I would do that AND sign Plaxico and start him at WR.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How about we just sign the best TE we can get? He can help with protection, but also catch passes. With Heath being injured, it's good to have someone on the team that will be able to replace him or team with him when needed.
    We had a talented TE and decided to let him walk and keep two scrubs. No one on this planet can convince me that Saunders was not better than Paulson and Pope combined, I think Haley had too much input on that decision.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    If this the case then we should be aggressive in that department too. Why are we keeping an unproductive OLB Woodley? He is the Shawn Merriman (lights out) version of the Steelers minus the roids. We could trade him but probably suffer a cap hit, it won't matter, we will suffer hits no matter what we do. Woodley has a responsibility to be in tip top shape when he comes to camp, when he has a 65 million price tag. No one should have to tell this guy about off season training.
    Everyone is so quick to let Silverback walk and keep Woodley, sorry I put Jason Worlids in his spot, keep Silverback and try to trade Woodley. Some might say thats crazy, well we're talking aggressive here about removing unproductive players. I realize he had injuries for the last few years but we can't afford to pay someone in the tub either.
    At least Harrison came on at the end, and did anyone notice our defense was better when James was in the lineup?
    The Steelers won't do what I'm suggesting but it was just a thought, paying 65 mil for a sloth is questionable in my mind.
    I don't think you are crazy at all, Woodley should be made an example of. I also think you have to cut ties with JH also watching these playoffs remind me of just how slow our Lb's are with Woodley, JH and Foote we have to have the all time slowest in the league over the last 10 years.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    We will probably need to draft a TE anyway...so I would do that AND sign Plaxico and start him at WR.
    OK, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Burress is probably the 5th best WR on this team behind Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Cotchery. Even if he happened to be on par or a little better then one of them he is still not starting NFL caliber at this point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OK, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Burress is probably the 5th best WR on this team behind Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Cotchery. Even if he happened to be on par or a little better then one of them he is still not starting NFL caliber at this point.
    Keep on pukin' then and trotting the same WR 3x over out onto the field. He had 600+ yds and 8 TD's in 11 from Sanchez....or basically not all that far off of Mike Wallace 2012.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Keep on pukin' then and trotting the same WR 3x over out onto the field. He had 600+ yds and 8 TD's in 11 from Sanchez....or basically not all that far off of Mike Wallace 2012.
    And yet nobody wanted him all year until the Steelers got desperate because of injuries.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really don't think we want to REPLACE Wallace ... I think we need to draft someone better than WALLACE and look at other holes to fill
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And yet nobody wanted him all year until the Steelers got desperate because of injuries.
    Nobody signed Max Starks either. Does that make him a bad LT?
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

To be clear, I'm not saying I would put Plax in Wallace position.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Nobody signed Max Starks either. Does that make him a bad LT?
    Nope. It just makes him fit in a pinch. Burress also fit in a pinch. However, part of the reason nobody signed Max was because he was coming off knee surgery and they weren't sure what they'd get.