Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Chadman's 2013 Off-Season Analysis Thread...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Given your stance, and opinion, there's no way Lewis moves on then?
    What if he has a Wallace-like attitude? I have no idea if that's the case, but suppose they're two peas in a pod?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    What if he has a Wallace-like attitude? I have no idea if that's the case, but suppose they're two peas in a pod?
    If that's the case, then surely the Steelers will put the hard line through him, then turn around & sign Cortez Allen to an extended contract, even though he'll only be a RFA in 2014.......
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Just looking at the responses, it seems we are all quite prepared for A veteran of note to be cut- be it Harrison or Taylor, in order to keep Keenan Lewis.

Of the available Steelers FA's, it seems we think Ramon Foster might be one of the more affordable & could be retained, but we think Max Starks will prove too expensive.

Nobody really mentioned Wallace or Mendenhall, so let's assume we think they have already moved out of town.

Where are we on Larry Foote? Does he come back at a cheap rate, or run out of town?

Plaxico?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

You may be right. Not wanting this thread to disolve into another Wallace/Brown slugfest, so we'll agree to disagree about the reaction to Wallace's rejection of the Steelers offer & the subsequent signing of Antonio Brown. It's done now, anyway- and the Steelers need to get the ship sorted regardless of what happened there.

Given your stance, and opinion, there's no way Lewis moves on then?
    The only way I see Lewis moving on is if he asks for stupid money. And Foote will be back.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The only way I see Lewis moving on is if he asks for stupid money. And Foote will be back.
    The Steelers might need to work hard at him never actually hitting FA, because if he does, 'stupid money' will be where his value sits...

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm thinking Foote stays.
    I haven't heard any news about spence, his recovery or anything. Its doubtful they would hand him the job @ ILB with no pro experience, and the other option is sylvester who can't even see the field on account of injuries.
    Larry wants to return, had a decent year, and would be a safeguard until we groom another ILB.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If that's the case, then surely the Steelers will put the hard line through him, then turn around & sign Cortez Allen to an extended contract, even though he'll only be a RFA in 2014.......
    Actually, I'd be okay with this...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Conversley, this is the least likely scenario. The Steelers won't go into the draft thinking they need to draft a guy to start. Someone will be lined up to be a starter at ILB before the draft- be it Foote, Brandon Johnson or one of the young guys in Sylvester or Spence.

Chadman suspects that Spence is the guy the Steelers have identified for the future. But Chadman doubts the future is now. Foote will be back.
    The Steelers don't "typically" draft a player to start immediately. You are right about that. With that being said, I disagree with you about Foote. The Steelers would have drafted Hightower last year. He would have started from day 1 over Foote. The Steelers feel Foote is a weakness but is a decent stop-gap. They are looking to replace him and this year might be the year. If it wasn't for DeCastro, Foote would have already been replaced.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The Steelers don't "typically" draft a player to start immediately. You are right about that. With that being said, I disagree with you about Foote. The Steelers would have drafted Hightower last year. He would have started from day 1 over Foote. The Steelers feel Foote is a weakness but is a decent stop-gap. They are looking to replace him and this year might be the year. If it wasn't for DeCastro, Foote would have already been replaced.

Hmmm....ok, agree that the Steelers will be looking to move on from Foote- he's not the long term answer, but they won't go INTO the draft with Sean Spence pencilled in as the starter. Even if they are going to target an ILB, Chadman still thinks Foote gets re-signed to hold the spot until it's taken from him.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Actually, I'd be okay with this...

Why doesn't this surprise Chadman.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT