Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Harrison Post on Facebook!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree with James Harrison's assessment of the defense. I'm not particularly a Lebeau fan because I think his defensive schemes are too passive. I say that to say that the defense is not the problem with this team. I know our defense is not dominant as it was during the super bowl runs however, it performed more than well enough for us to win some pivitol games. There are no shut down defenses in the NFL this season. The ones I thought were close (SF, CHI, SEA) all got punched in the mouth more than a few times. If your offense can't put some meaningful points on the board than you're not going to win games in today's NFL.

As far as James Harrison, he's still the best, most effective, intimidating playmaker we have on defense when healthy. Our defense was a mess until returned for the fourth game. I know Harrison is old but I wouldn't be too quick to want to sail him down the river....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Saw this too. And I concur. Still need more play makers on D though. Trade up to get Te'o? I would seriously consider it. May only have to go up 4 or 5 spots to get him...(maybe) Gonna be a star and one hell of a leader. Anyone see the story on CBS about him and what he's been through this past fall?
    That's a great story but I'm not sold on him. Solid tackler but I don't think he will be a game changer in the NFL. Reminds me of the guy from USC who plays for the Bungles... he had tons of highlights in college but I haven't seen him do that at the next level.

Also heard his instincts are in question by scouts... takes too many chances and guesses himself out of some plays.

I think this BCS game will give us a good view of his run stopping abilities vs a team with NFL talent. I hate ND but I'm pulling for them this game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I agree with James Harrison's assessment of the defense. I'm not particularly a Lebeau fan because I think his defensive schemes are too passive. I say that to say that the defense is not the problem with this team. I know our defense is not dominant as it was during the super bowl runs however, it performed more than well enough for us to win some pivitol games. There are no shut down defenses in the NFL this season. The ones I thought were close (SF, CHI, SEA) all got punched in the mouth more than a few times. If your offense can't put some meaningful points on the board than you're not going to win games in today's NFL.

As far as James Harrison, he's still the best, most effective, intimidating playmaker we have on defense when healthy. Our defense was a mess until returned for the fourth game. I know Harrison is old but I wouldn't be too quick to want to sail him down the river....
    I noticed the Baltimore D was blitzing a lot on 3rd down to force Luck into a quick decision... and then I saw something I've never seen before.

On 3rd and 2.. the DB's were close to the WR's and didn't let them run free for an easy target in the flat.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I noticed the Baltimore D was blitzing a lot on 3rd down to force Luck into a quick decision... and then I saw something I've never seen before.

On 3rd and 2.. the DB's were close to the WR's and didn't let them run free for an easy target in the flat.
    Even watching the redskins during their miracle run, Haslett had that defense playing lights out! Aggressive, blitzing, making plays all over the place. Now, you can't tell me personnel wise the redskins have a better defense that us. To me, it just seemed like they were put in better positions to make plays.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's a great story but I'm not sold on him. Solid tackler but I don't think he will be a game changer in the NFL. Reminds me of the guy from USC who plays for the Bungles... he had tons of highlights in college but I haven't seen him do that at the next level.

Also heard his instincts are in question by scouts... takes too many chances and guesses himself out of some plays.

I think this BCS game will give us a good view of his run stopping abilities vs a team with NFL talent. I hate ND but I'm pulling for them this game.
    That's cool. The draft is a crap shoot. Never know who will make it or who won't. To me, he reminds me more of another Ray Lewis. (on the field) I think his character is way better than Lewis's. Ray Ray wasn't drafted until later in the 1st.. Tonight's game will be a big one for him. Could make some big $ tonite. Maybe, a little bit of me wishes he has just an avg. game so he falls down a bit.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Even watching the redskins during their miracle run, Haslett had that defense playing lights out! Aggressive, blitzing, making plays all over the place. Now, you can't tell me personnel wise the redskins have a better defense that us. To me, it just seemed like they were put in better positions to make plays.
    Thinking of that, could you imagine London Fletcher's mind in Lawrence Timmons' body?? Just a thought, carry on...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Thinking of that, could you imagine London Fletcher's mind in Lawrence Timmons' body?? Just a thought, carry on...
    London Fletcher's as good as Ray Lewis, without all of the hype....

Legend

User Info Menu

Playing aggressive. What a radical concept versus "tackling the catch." I remember Steelers teams that use to do that sort of thing.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Playing aggressive. What a radical concept versus "tackling the catch." I remember Steelers teams that use to do that sort of thing.
    I do also.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

LeBeau's scheme is sound. More than sound.

If the players play within the scheme, it minimizes the opponents' yards and points...

When the exceptional players on defense are healthy, the defense then lends itself to sacks and turnovers, as we saw in the last two games...