Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember how we used to whine about Ben not being spoken of as an elite QB?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Remember how we used to whine about Ben not being spoken of as an elite QB?

I honestly don't think we can make the case that he is among the best any longer. At one time, we used to gripe that all he did was win, and that he might not put up gaudy #s, but he was as good as any QBs when it came to winning.

Well, that may have been true at one time. But honestly, do you really think we can argue that Ben is as good as the following?

Brady. Stop it. It's not even close.

Rogers. No way.

Brees. No. He just isn't in his class.

Payton Manning. Look what he has done this year. No way is Ben in his class.

Matt Ryan.

And coming to a stadium near you, by next year.

RG3. By next year, Ben won't be as good as this guy.

Luck. Again, by next year, this guy will be superior to Ben.

Russell Wilson.

If you want to argue Ben is still top 10, I can see a case being made. But, honestly, I think the days of trying to sell him as a top 3-5 QB are over.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Brady 3 SB rings

Ben 2 SB rings
    The rest?

Legend

User Info Menu

WTF has Wilson, RGIII and Matt Ryan won or done to move them ahead of Ben?

Legend

User Info Menu

you forget stafford

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think he showed a little immaturity earlier in the season with his attitude toward the O.C. change. He has to realize the F.O. makes the decisions and he is the player. Accept the change and try to work harder for your 52 teammates. As for elite status, his perception took a hit this year for sure. I still have him ranked high.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I think he showed a little immaturity earlier in the season with his attitude toward the O.C. change. He has to realize the F.O. makes the decisions and he is the player. Accept the change and try to work harder for your 52 teammates. As for elite status, his perception took a hit this year for sure. I still have him ranked high.
    Agree. But he is teetering

Legend

User Info Menu

Your posts are slightly amusing.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I guess I never saw this "immaturity" that others seemed to notice. He seemed to be level-headed and politically correct when he discussed the issue. Do any of us know what's going on in Ben's head or the locker room? Do we know that he didn't actually accept the change and work harder for his teammates?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Brady 3 SB rings

Ben 2 SB rings
    The rest?
    Yea, same # of rings as Eli Manning and one more than Tent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, and Jeff Hostetler.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I guess I never saw this "immaturity" that others seemed to notice. He seemed to be level-headed and politically correct when he discussed the issue. Do any of us know what's going on in Ben's head or the locker room? Do we know that he didn't actually accept the change and work harder for his teammates?
    There are various forms of knowledge. There is the strict, court-case level of truth that you are kind of speaking of (Do we really know what's in Ben's head?) and then there is the common sense, read-between-the-lines kind of perceptions. You don't always have to have the court-case-level of "evidence" to know when something is true. What we do know, is that Ben threw Haley under the bus on his play calling after the Dallas loss, even though it was Bonehead Ben who through the awful, game-losing pic. Haley had nothing to do with that moronic decision to throw that pass with a CB just waiting for the ball. We can also conclude that his teammates are not all big fans; how can a franchise QB never be voted team MVP? I feel it is safe to say that Ben doing the sideline cheer leading is considered as fake by many of the players. Look at their faces and body language during Ben's little talks. I thought Ben would grow up this year. But playing carelessly is immature. You are being careless with games that mean the world to millions of people. He should take it far more serious than he does. He is talented, but be sloppy and careless negates much of that talent.