Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russell Wilson

Legend

User Info Menu

Russell Wilson

I'm sure this will get moved out of the Steelers Talk area...

I've been watching the Seahawks play the last 3 or 4 weeks and, man, do I like the way this guy plays. What round was he drafted in? He'd have been great for the Steelers to have in the wings, to play QB when Ben goes down to injury, and to replace Ben in a few years (when he's too busted up to play any longer)...

Legend

User Info Menu

the Seahawks selected Russell Wilson in the 3rd round with the 75th overall pick.

if we wanted Wilson we would have had to use the 2nd round pick we used to select Mike Adams or trade up in the 3rd round from pick #86 that we used to select Sean Spence.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

another 1st round talent overlooked b/c he wasn't 6' tall. To think Rex Grossman got selected in the 1st round is amazing.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Seattle put up 40+ 3 of the last 4 reg season games and 50+ two of those weeks. I can't recall any time we have put up 50 points in a game.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wilson isn't the best passer out there, but what a football player!! I have to love it when a QB runs and blocks like he actually means it!

Legend

User Info Menu

If Wilson was 6'5", he'd have probably been the #1 pick in the draft instead of Luck. I heard people say he's 5'11", but I've seen him up close and would guess he's closer to 5'6"-5'8". He's gotta be the smallest QB by far. And I think that's why he went to the 3rd round.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Carroll and Co. have definitely made some good drafts as of late. I think I remember seeing the LB Massey (sp?) in a few Steeler mocks last year.

Sorry, Wagner not Massey lol!
    Last edited by thor75; 01-06-2013 at 11:36 PM.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Just as I predicted...moved...LOL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Seattle put up 40+ 3 of the last 4 reg season games and 50+ two of those weeks. I can't recall any time we have put up 50 points in a game.
    we would call off the dogs once we hit 40 points...

I had Seattle's D in fantasy and they had 3 or 4 TO's and a good 21 points in one of those games.

Legend

User Info Menu

It amazes me that all of the experts keep discussing which QB will be the ROY - Luck or Griffin. I have watched Wilson a few times this year and he is easily the ROY in my eyes.