Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Max Starks Deserves At Least One More Year With The Steelers

The idea in this article of extending Starks, comes with a one year, $1.25M contract. I don't think that the Steelers can sniff Starks at that price. $1.25M for a proven starting LT who is not coming of ACL surgery? Not a chance that he remains on the market at a price tag anywhere near that.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Starks 100% absolutely should be back hands down.
    Absolutley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He played better than any OL we had to include Pouncey. Unfortunately that could make him very expensive to resign.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Absolutley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He played better than any OL we had to include Pouncey. Unfortunately that could make him very expensive to resign.
    If he leaves without us even attempting to keep him, and Tomlin simply goes with 'his' guys he drafted, Mike Adams and Gilbert with Foster as a backup.....then Tomlin is a total moron.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 01-07-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    @_Hellgrammite

To me, this is kind of similar to Keenan Lewis. The Steelers could let Starks sign elsewhere and roll with Gilbert/Adams, just as they could let Lewis leave and go with Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen. IMO, both would be a mistake.

For years, we've hoped to see the Steelers add OTs and CBs in the draft. Now, CB has become an area of strength and OT could also be a strength if Gilbert and Adams progress. I'd like to see a way for the Steelers to maintain depth at both positions given how long it has taken the Steelers to finally build depth at those positions.