Agree. Kind of hard to blame our offense when the defense is constantly getting the lion's share of the resources for players who are marginally performing.
Originally Posted by Steelhere10
The gist of my 4-3 ramblings have always been about the defenses costs with regards to taking two years to train someone versus having rookies come in and play their natural positions. We have to retain more expensive players because we have younger players in the "apprenticeship program" for too long and then when they start to play we have to give them a big second contract.
Our methodology on the defensive side of the ball is expensive to maintain and with the lowest numbers of sacks and INTs in decades we aren't getting value for money.
- Charles Harris-OLB, Missouri
- Rasul Douglas-CB, West Virginia
- Chris Godwin-WR, Penn State
- John Johnson-S, Boston College
- James Conner-RB, Pitt
- Nazair Jones-DT, North Carolina
- Garrett Sickels, DE/OLB, Penn State