Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: TE & our crappy WR's

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,047

    TE & our crappy WR's

    Not even going to post the WR's look here: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

    Wow Miller is the man, top 3: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te

    Player Team DYAR Rk YAR Rk DVOA Rk VOA Passes Yards EYds TD Catch
    Rate
    FUM DPI
    R.Gronkowski NE 268 1 276 1 40.8% 1 42.1% 80 790 1,055 11 69% 1 1/8
    T.Gonzalez ATL 235 2 252 2 19.5% 7 21.5% 124 930 1,250 8 75% 0 2/14
    H.Miller PIT 193 3 175 3 21.7% 5 19.1% 101 816 981 8 70% 0 0/0

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Our top 3 WR this year are soft. We need a WR in the draft for sure.
    @_Hellgrammite

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Our top 3 WR this year are soft. We need a WR in the draft for sure.
    I want a strong physical wr. I like Chris Harper from Kansas St.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Our top 3 WR this year are soft. We need a WR in the draft for sure.
    It's interesting. After the Eagles/Steelers game, I had the pleasure of listening to some sports talk radio from both sides of the state. In Philly, they were talking about how the Steelers receivers were tougher than the Eagles group and how the Steelers overall have better WRs.

    Just thought the outside perspective was interesting.

    I'd like to see a big, physical WR. Somebody who could can downfield or over the middle.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    It's interesting. After the Eagles/Steelers game, I had the pleasure of listening to some sports talk radio from both sides of the state. In Philly, they were talking about how the Steelers receivers were tougher than the Eagles group and how the Steelers overall have better WRs.

    Just thought the outside perspective was interesting.

    I'd like to see a big, physical WR. Somebody who could can downfield or over the middle.
    we have 3 small non physical WR's bottom line and don't run the run and shoot offense. It doesn't work. We need some mismatch or a dominant running game to demand the opponents respect.
    @_Hellgrammite

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,047
    According to footballoutsiders Sanders is #1 in there stats then Brown. Wallace was behind these 2 pretty good for 2012.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    I want a physical WR with some height.
    @_Hellgrammite

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,588
    I believe there will be a couple of blue chipper available in round two this year.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  9. #9
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I believe there will be a couple of blue chipper available in round two this year.
    hey DD, love your mock draft in your sig but I don't think Minter will still be available at our 2nd round pick. but if he were still on the board early in Round 2 I would be all for trading up to get him.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    hey DD, love your mock draft in your sig but I don't think Minter will still be available at our 2nd round pick. but if he were still on the board early in Round 2 I would be all for trading up to get him.
    Yeah this was before I knew the Steelers were drafting at 17. I will do one again within the next week or so. My thought was trade down and get another second round pick. Like an early second rounder. And there is a good chance Minter could be there from 33-40. But yes you are right. He is steadily climbing the board. But if you will recall I started this Kevin Minter campaign well before you could find him on any one's list higher than the 4th round.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •