Thread: Bruce Arians New Coach Of The Browns?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bruce Arians New Coach Of The Browns?

Its not out of question that they may consider hiring him even though they fired him as OC before he came on board with the Steelers.
    It appears he has a good track record with young QB's, and as intrim coach for the Colts he's done a great job, the Colts won 2 games last season to 11-5 this year.

While he was OC of the Steelers, I thought he did a good job from the 20 to 20, but his red zone offense was his downfall.
    Reflecting back on his job here, In Arians' final season with the Steelers, the unit boasted a pair of 1,000-yard receivers in Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown and a 4,000-yard quarterback in Ben Roethlisberger. They also sent four offensive players to the Pro Bowl for the first time since 2004.

I can't remember the Steelers having an explosive offense in recent memory no matter who the OC was, but that 79 team was as close as they got to being a high powered offense.
    The jury is out on Haley but should he stay as OC and turn down the Cardinal job if offered, I think he deserves the opportunity to correct our offensive issues.
    Remember, this offense was doing well until the injuries occured, then Ben got injured which didn't help matters. They were tops in third down conversions as Ben was having one of his best years until he got hurt.

If Arians has success landing a head coaching job all power to him, if Haley stays here all power to him as well, but if somehow Haley accepts the AZ job we might want to consider NorvTurner. I expect Todd to remain here, the AZ job isn't the dream job out there as they have QB issues.

If Todd does stay, I hope he throws out the running game by committee, we need one starter to get the majority of reps, Redman as our short yardage back. I feel Rainey should be used in the passing game, otherwise why did we draft him? He's a good returner but we nbeed to utilize his speed on the offense in a different way than trying to run up the middle.

Good luck to Bruce, and Haley for 2013.

Btw, Bruce might be in the running for coach of the year award. 2-14 to 11-5 is a remarkable job I would say.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-05-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: delete thread