Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians New Coach Of The Browns?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    Haley has come to a team on the decline. Arians had it all when he was handed the keys. I'm pretty sure Arians has missed the playoffs also at times. Whis had taken a rookie QB to the playoffs too and guess who got the credit, the rookie qb. It takes a qb to make the fortunes of a team and the coaches. Arians could never do the winning football except for when he has a super star of a qb.
    In my opinion he stunted Bens growth as a qb. Ben in my opinion wasn't getting better under Arians, he was getting worse.
    I guess Art Rooney doesn't know a thing about his coaches ?
    The Steelers had everything but a franchise QB for years... Whiz got credit and an HC gig. Ben flourished under Arians and we went to 2 SB with him. Was the offense inconsistent? Sure... But Ben is a pretty inconsistent QB who plays a different style of football than most QB's. One has to wonder how a horrible OC keeps getting jobs tutoring superstar QB's. Is he really that lucky? I don't think so... He likes to pass the ball and loves the vertical game. In todays NFL it works... Look at the ground game under Haley....uuuuugly. No different than the running game under Arians but we made the playoffs and had a winning record. Also look at our offense when Ben was out with Haley vs our O without Ben with Arians. The offense was never this inept with Arians.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-06-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The Steelers had everything but a franchise QB for years... Whiz got credit and an HC gig. Ben flourished under Arians and we went to 2 SB with him. Was the offense inconsistent? Sure... But Ben is a pretty inconsistent QB who plays a different style of football than most QB's. One has to wonder how a horrible OC keeps getting jobs tutoring superstar QB's. Is he really that lucky? I don't think so... He likes to pass the ball and loves the vertical game. In todays NFL it works... Look at the ground game under Haley....uuuuugly. No different than the running game under Arians but we made the playoffs and had a winning record. Also look at our offense when Ben was out with Haley vs our O without Ben with Arians. The offense was never this inept with Arians.
    When Ben was out with Arians as OC, we were fortunate to have a healthy o-line and a healthy Rashard...

This year, not so much...

Legend

User Info Menu

Healthy OL? The OL was bashed like crazy back then and Arians was let go because the running game wasn't up to par.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Norv Turner is a loser. He'll end up on ESPN or NFL Network.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Art 2 should call the plays since he demands the running game regardless of the RB's or quality of the OL.
    Guaranteed we go OL or RB in round 1.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    When Ben was out with Arians as OC, we were fortunate to have a healthy o-line and a healthy Rashard...

This year, not so much...
    Ben only played an entire season once his entire career. Due to Ben's style of play it seems he's been injured almost every season. Ben missed the start of the 2010 season due to the 4 game suspension.

The Oline had 30+ starting combinations in 2011. 30+ Oline combinations were the most in the league. Even with the different Oline combinations that Steelers averaged 4.4 ypc. That was the teams highest YPC average since 2001 (4..

Backup

User Info Menu

Arians offense looked real good today against the Ravens and having the rookie Luck put up passing yard attemps that set a new record for rookies. The team, the owners, coaches and fans should be jacked they put that kind of pressure on a rookie QB. That's all Arians offense can give you, pass happy style and he will throw and throw not matter if it's working or not. Arians wasn't there today but the same result would have happened. He would have passed and passed and passed and he will continue to fight to place a square peg into a round hole.

Oh well, he's no longer the Steelers problem........ But it is too bad we didn't get more out of the talent the Steeler teams have had under Arians. Oh yeah, I see how much the Packers have suffered with the fullback that Arians would not have on his teams. Was his name Kuhn or something like that ? I'll watch the NFL replays and see if I can make out his name on the back of his uniform as he was scoring his touchdown and advancing to next weeks game. You can bet there's a guy that's happy he's not on an Arians offense.. Ever since Arians cut him he's only been apart of a Packers team that beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl and now moving forward to possibly another Super Bowl.
    As great as Rodger is, they recognize needing Kuhn.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    Arians offense looked real good today against the Ravens and having the rookie Luck put up passing yard attemps that set a new record for rookies. The team, the owners, coaches and fans should be jacked they put that kind of pressure on a rookie QB. That's all Arians offense can give you, pass happy style and he will throw and throw not matter if it's working or not. Arians wasn't there today but the same result would have happened. He would have passed and passed and passed and he will continue to fight to place a square peg into a round hole.

Oh well, he's no longer the Steelers problem........ But it is too bad we didn't get more out of the talent the Steeler teams have had under Arians. Oh yeah, I see how much the Packers have suffered with the fullback that Arians would not have on his teams. Was his name Kuhn or something like that ? I'll watch the NFL replays and see if I can make out his name on the back of his uniform as he was scoring his touchdown and advancing to next weeks game. You can bet there's a guy that's happy he's not on an Arians offense.. Ever since Arians cut him he's only been apart of a Packers team that beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl and now moving forward to possibly another Super Bowl.
    As great as Rodger is, they recognize needing Kuhn.
    Teams draft QB's so they can pass, pass, and pass some more. The way to scoring the most possible points in the league is to have the ability to pass the football. You can disagree with the pass the football philosophy but it is the way to produce the most points possible in the NFL. The Colts and Ravens ran the ball well. The difference in the game was the Ravens QB passed the ball better then the Colt's QB.

It seems to me that people overrate the talent on the offensive side of the ball on the Steelers from the QB on down. If Ben doesn't perform like a top QB on a consistent basis the Steelers will continue to struggle to score points offensively regardless of the OC.

The infatuation with the FB position that some Steelers fans have is beyond me. The fullback position is not a big difference maker. The Packers offensive success hinges on Rodgers and his ability to pass the football.

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL... Kuhn had 2 or 3 touches inside the 3 yard line... Clearly he was the difference between us winning the SB isms making the playoffs this year. I'm pretty sure the GB rushing attack hasn't been a threat the last few years but hey... He is the reason we missed the playoffs.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-06-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

For anyone who wants to know, Arians wasnt even at the game
    [url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/indianapolis-colts-offensive-coordinator-bruce-arians-hospitalized-illness-010613[/url]