Thread: Bruce Arians New Coach Of The Browns?

Threaded View

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    Haley has come to a team on the decline. Arians had it all when he was handed the keys. I'm pretty sure Arians has missed the playoffs also at times. Whis had taken a rookie QB to the playoffs too and guess who got the credit, the rookie qb. It takes a qb to make the fortunes of a team and the coaches. Arians could never do the winning football except for when he has a super star of a qb.
    In my opinion he stunted Bens growth as a qb. Ben in my opinion wasn't getting better under Arians, he was getting worse.
    I guess Art Rooney doesn't know a thing about his coaches ?
    The Steelers had everything but a franchise QB for years... Whiz got credit and an HC gig. Ben flourished under Arians and we went to 2 SB with him. Was the offense inconsistent? Sure... But Ben is a pretty inconsistent QB who plays a different style of football than most QB's. One has to wonder how a horrible OC keeps getting jobs tutoring superstar QB's. Is he really that lucky? I don't think so... He likes to pass the ball and loves the vertical game. In todays NFL it works... Look at the ground game under Haley....uuuuugly. No different than the running game under Arians but we made the playoffs and had a winning record. Also look at our offense when Ben was out with Haley vs our O without Ben with Arians. The offense was never this inept with Arians.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-06-2013 at 01:06 AM.