Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians New Coach Of The Browns?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Did I hear today that Luck was the most hit QB this year? Big Ben plays reckless enough, he doesn't need the additional punishment that seems to plague Arians offense. I for one am glad he's gone.
    I agree, Arians' offense has a lot of seven step drops and slow developing passing plays that are conducive to a QB getting hit.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Browns end up with Arians as head coach?

I don't get it. I just don't. How can they not see that an interim head coach, in unusual circumstances (Pagano illness) is not the same thing as a legit head coach in normal conditions. Arians did a great job filling in for Pagano, with a rookie QB and so many young players. Yes, they had a cake schedule. But he still did a fine job - as well as you could possibly expect.

However, that is far short of proving he would make a legit head coach in typical conditions. In my opinion, he will end up making for a bad head coach. It was a perfect storm that led to success with the Colts. And wouldn't it be JUST like Cleveland to screw this up?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I don't get it. I just don't. How can they not see that an interim head coach, in unusual circumstances (Pagano illness) is not the same thing as a legit head coach in normal conditions. Arians did a great job filling in for Pagano, with a rookie QB and so many young players. Yes, they had a cake schedule. But he still did a fine job - as well as you could possibly expect.

However, that is far short of proving he would make a legit head coach in typical conditions. In my opinion, he will end up making for a bad head coach. It was a perfect storm that led to success with the Colts. And wouldn't it be JUST like Cleveland to screw this up?
    It's football... he may work out, he may not. It's not like Cleveland is coming off a SB win or deep playoff run and have a stacked team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It's football... he may work out, he may not. It's not like Cleveland is coming off a SB win or deep playoff run and have a stacked team.
    Which is one of the points: They can't seem to ever get of the treadmill and get any better. They just keep spinning their wheels. And I don't see Arians making a difference to ending that trend. They don't have much talent because they keep FAILING in their drafts. It is never ending, but amusing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben made it to the playoffs his rookie season and won the Super Bowl the following season. I thought he did better under Whis than under Arians. Is it true that Ben didn't care for Whis and if so, why ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

CLEVELAND (AP) - A person familiar with the interview says the Cleveland Browns will meet with Marc Trestman, coach of the CFL's Montreal Alouettes.

The Browns have scheduled their meeting in Chicago with Trestman, said the person who spoke to the Associated Press on the condition of anonymity on Monday because of the sensitivity of the search. Trestman's resume includes extensive time as an NFL offensive assistant. He has been with Montreal since 2008, leading the Alouettes to two CFL titles in his five seasons.

ESPN Cleveland first reported Trestman's interview with the Browns

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Ben made it to the playoffs his rookie season and won the Super Bowl the following season. I thought he did better under Whis than under Arians. Is it true that Ben didn't care for Whis and if so, why ?
    We had a stacked team with leaders when Ben arrived. We were real close to missing the playoffs in 2005 before we went on an epic run. Definitely have to give Ben and Whiz credit for the Colts game but a lot f that success was due to 15 years of Cowher small ball.

Arians put our team in a position to win in the new NFL that favors passing.

I think the main reason Ben despised Whiz is because he was immature and wasn't used to practicing hard, running plays the way there were designed in practice, film, etc... Can you blame him though? If I went 13-0 my rookie year I would be a little difficult to work with my 2nd year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Haslam's finding its not as easy as you think to hire a coach. Good Luck Jimmy.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Did I hear today that Luck was the most hit QB this year?
    He's also developed a reputation for holding the ball too long, which is ironic because he was considered an excellent timing/precision passer at Stanford.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post

Ben didn't like Whiz because Whiz yelled in his face. Ben outright said it. I'm sure that was one of the reasons Ben wasn't so fond of the Haley signing. He doesn't take well to being yelled at.

On one hand, I tend to agree with Ben. I'm far more motivated by people who are positive and treat you with respect than those who are hot heads. But at the same time, when you're making $100M, you should probably be able to work under either style.

I think at this point in his career and with what he has accomplished, Ben had hoped that the team would cater more to him than it does. Brady and Peyton have made those teams theirs and pretty much what they say goes. But Ben has things forced on him that he doesn't want and still hasn't gotten or hasn't been able to keep the tall receiver he's always wanted. I think he can thank his immaturity with the 2 assault accusations for all of that.