Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians New Coach Of The Browns?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    For anyone who wants to know, Arians wasnt even at the game
    [URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/indianapolis-colts-offensive-coordinator-bruce-arians-hospitalized-illness-010613[/URL]
    Even the Colts recognize he's a better HC than OC.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Arians was in the hospital.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did I hear today that Luck was the most hit QB this year? Big Ben plays reckless enough, he doesn't need the additional punishment that seems to plague Arians offense. I for one am glad he's gone.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's not about having or needing a fullback to win, it's about balance. It's about being capable of doing one thing if the defense is able to shut done the other. Why is it taboo to want to have a offense capable of ball control with the run game or to get the tough yards at an area of the field you shouldn't be trying pass attempts.

Ben is not good enough to sit back and air it out 40 times a game in my opinion. This offense needs the quality of some running to keep the defenses honest.

I'm not the type of fan that jumps for joy everytime I see the ball thrown or the scores running up. I want the entire product and I enjoy a good run game, a good defensive battle.

Legend

User Info Menu

I always think that it is ridiculous to automatically give a head job to the guy who seems to be the most successful OC or DC at the time. They are two entirely different jobs.

Whatever you think about Arians as an OC, he proved very successful as an interim HC this season. You had a team awash in turmoil, coming off of an awful 2011 season, and with a rookie at QB, and held them on course to the playoffs. That is an undeniably solid accomplishment, and one that is worthy of another look by a team that needs a HC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Did I hear today that Luck was the most hit QB this year? Big Ben plays reckless enough, he doesn't need the additional punishment that seems to plague Arians offense. I for one am glad he's gone.
    ..and Luck admitted he needs to throw the ball away more often and take less hits. Ben and Luck were hit a ton... Peyton Manning wasn't hit that much when he worked with Arians because he doesn't like to get hit.

Arians job is to teach QB's to air it out... it's up to the QB to recognize and respect the blitz and avoid contact.

We hired Haley to help protect Ben and he still ended up on a stretcher...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No matter how well protected a QB is, they are going to get hit sometimes. Brady has some of the best protection out there, but even he missed a season after a hit.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ..and Luck admitted he needs to throw the ball away more often and take less hits. Ben and Luck were hit a ton... Peyton Manning wasn't hit that much when he worked with Arians because he doesn't like to get hit.

Arians job is to teach QB's to air it out... it's up to the QB to recognize and respect the blitz and avoid contact.

Peyton is definitely the epitome of the cerebral QB and that helped with the decision making to avoid hits, I'd be hesitant to credit Arians a ton for that. It was only three years out of a 15 year career that Arians was QB coach for him.
    Last edited by thor75; 01-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Peyton is definitely the epitome of the cerebral QB and that helped with the decision making to avoid hits, I'd be hesitant to credit Arians a ton for that. It was only three years out of a 15 year career that Arians was QB coach for him.
    I'm not giving Arians credit..... I'm giving Peyton credit. People are quick to blame Arians for Ben's sacks when we all know Ben doesn't mind contact. I've seen Ben stare down a blitzer... take the hit, and then throw the ball. That's not how 85% of QB's play the position. Luck admits he is starting to learn how to take less hits and throw the ball away.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    No matter how well protected a QB is, they are going to get hit sometimes. Brady has some of the best protection out there, but even he missed a season after a hit.
    No doubt...