Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Let's take a look at 3-4 OLB's on the roster

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    John Simon is a relentless, high motor player...props to Chadman for recognizing...

Simon has also played a stand-up role in pass rushing...he wasn't asked to drop much at all, but I bet he would be as effective as a LaMarr Woodley in the short area...

Zach Boren has LB instincts as good as any I've seen...to be so effective after playing FB for years is amazing...
    you certainly nailed it. Both of these guys I would love to see on the Steelers. Shoot, I would be on cloud 9 if the draft looked like Hankins, Simons, Boren in the first 3 rounds.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Simon has alligator arms, no thank you. He's going to struggle in the pros. I am interested to see him in the Senior Bowl.

Strike me interested in Boren late in the draft or as an UDFA.
    Doubt Boren gets out of the 4th at the latest.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It looks like a natural 4-3 DE who is being required to play as a 3-4 OLB and his body isn't holding up to the constant running covering receivers. Therefore we see the numerous and repeated leg injuries.
    Apparently it's in Woodley's DNA to be a 4-3 DE. He can't do anything about it.

What a silly statement.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Apparently it's in Woodley's DNA to be a 4-3 DE. He can't do anything about it.

What a silly statement.
    The suggestion that Woodley gets hurt because he drops into coverage (and not because of poor conditioning) is absolutely absurd.

Legend

User Info Menu

weren't we #1 in defense this year (as well as being very high in the rankings the last few years)

and wasnt the offense pretty bad statistically?

next year we might lose 2 more weapons on the offense in mendy and wallace

so, is drafting another defensive player at #1 wise?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    weren't we #1 in defense this year (as well as being very high in the rankings the last few years)

and wasnt the offense pretty bad statistically?

next year we might lose 2 more weapons on the offense in mendy and wallace

so, is drafting another defensive player at #1 wise?
    No, I think with the desires of ownership in mind, we should draft Chance Warmack in the first round if he is there and a RB between rounds 2 through 4 and a mid round WR/ pass catching TE as well.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

I predict that Woodley gets himself in shape and rebounds with a good season, James Harrison returns after taking a pay cut and Jason Worilds is waiting for his opportunity to finally play and shine just like Keenan Lewis finally go to do this season.

our situation is not that dire at OLB...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    No, I think with the desires of ownership in mind, we should draft Chance Warmack in the first round if he is there and a RB between rounds 2 through 4 and a mid round WR/ pass catching TE as well.
    Why not draft the top TE coming out first (since Heath is recovering) and then get an OL in 2-4? We'll have another OL for depth, but a TE for the future and to team with Heath when he returns. The bonus is that Haley might know how to use both TE's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Why not draft the top TE coming out first (since Heath is recovering) and then get an OL in 2-4? We'll have another OL for depth, but a TE for the future and to team with Heath when he returns. The bonus is that Haley might know how to use both TE's.

We will need an OL to start and play not for depth if we lose Starks and Foster.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Doubt Boren gets out of the 4th at the latest.
    I'll trust your judgement as you have watched more Ohio State than me. Very interesting prospect.