Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    QB-Matt Moore
    RB-Mike Goodson
    TE-Ben Watson
    OL-Garret Reynolds
    DL-Sammie Lee Hill
    Yes to these, and add Larry Grant from the 49'ers. He is a younger version of Foote and played very well when called on to start last year for Patrick Willis.

Backup

User Info Menu

I saw Brandon Jacobs was released by the 49ers. With our RB situation, is he worth taking a look at?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    I saw Brandon Jacobs was released by the 49ers. With our RB situation, is he worth taking a look at?
    They are heading into the playoffs and cut this guy loose right beforehand...shows you what they think of him. No thanks.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    They are heading into the playoffs and cut this guy loose right beforehand...shows you what they think of him. No thanks.

I know he's been fairly vocal about his unhappiness in SF. I don't expect many on the board to be keen on the idea of giving him a look. I was big on him coming out of college, and at this point and looking at all possible RB options to try and fix our RB situation.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tracy Porter. Absolutely. Getting him after an injury filled year could be a great value. If he can come cheap enough that will give great flexibility in figuring out what to do with Lewis and Taylor.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would add Rey Maualuga to this list.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think Larry Grant would be a low-level but effective Steeler-type addition...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I would add Rey Maualuga to this list.
    Hell No! No one does less with more athleticism than this guy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I think Larry Grant would be a low-level but effective Steeler-type addition...
    Not a world beater, but very much in Larry Foote's league and is much better in coverage. Replace a Larry with a Larry.