Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Haley to Arizona?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yea. Local radio is reporting he's staying in Pittsburgh..... I'm happy with that.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd like to see Haley work with Tomlin on hiring the next OL coach, seems like everyone has a decent one with scrap players...I'd like to see the OL coach who fits his offensive scheme.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

New HC don't often come into good situations. The Steelers have been the exception guys. When a team is looking for a new coach...Often he has been fired. Not taking a job because there is no franchise QB there is an understandable assesment but often it isn't a 1 year fix. The QB is either addressed in the draft or via free agency. The HC & owner know this.

Now that being said, coaches get into this game to move up. Some get there shot & fail. They return to coordinator or position coach & stay there. There are situations where coaches want to stay in a great organization because they don't want the burden of a HC position, or move the family, or feel they will be promoted within, etc. Sometimes it just becomes about the money or many think they have to move along to get a HC shot. Haley got his one shot & failed. He says he is happy here. He can be happy here but still follows his heart. Don't hold it aginst him if he does interview and/or takes the job.

I liked Haley came here and have no problem with him staying for next year. I felt he was something BB needed. If he wants another crack at HC...I would understand. I'm willing to bet many think it is really a win win no matter what happens. I'm not so sure that is the case because the replacement OC may not be a step forward or lateral. My gut is "If" Haley goes...It will be Wilson or Fichtner at the top of the list. The Steelers may not want back to back years of new system and Wilson & Fichtner may give them the best chance at some continuity & chemistry. That assesment is accurate but both of them as OC gameday playcallers is a big unknown at this level.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    I'd like to see Haley work with Tomlin on hiring the next OL coach, seems like everyone has a decent one with scrap players...I'd like to see the OL coach who fits his offensive scheme.
    I would like to see jack bicknell jr get a call. Supposedly reid is bringing castillo with him as OL coach.

bidwell has a good track record with the giants and chiefs.
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 01-04-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tunch will fit in nicely. He can bring in his sidekick too.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Couple thoughts:

1. Anyone ever consider Ben and Haley are besties and hiding it well. The Steelers might be the best team in the history of sports at manipulating the media. Think Joey Porter making Jeramy Stevens his huckleberry in XL to take the media spotlight off Ben. If Ben and Haley really didn't like each other, the Steelers would cover it up. Considering it's out there so blatantly tells me it's not true and it's meant to cover up something else.

2. Maybe the Steelers and Haley think he's just a stop gap and the team wanted Kirby all along and are just biding time so he could recover. And maybe Kirby is Tomlin's backdoor to giving Ben control. He's a RB coach and that would satisfy Rooney. He's got no clout, so that satisfies Ben. As much as I think Tomlin's in over his head, I also think he's a master manipulator.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Couple thoughts:

1. Anyone ever consider Ben and Haley are besties and hiding it well. The Steelers might be the best team in the history of sports at manipulating the media. Think Joey Porter making Jeramy Stevens his huckleberry in XL to take the media spotlight off Ben. If Ben and Haley really didn't like each other, the Steelers would cover it up. Considering it's out there so blatantly tells me it's not true and it's meant to cover up something else.

2. Maybe the Steelers and Haley think he's just a stop gap and the team wanted Kirby all along and are just biding time so he could recover. And maybe Kirby is Tomlin's backdoor to giving Ben control. He's a RB coach and that would satisfy Rooney. He's got no clout, so that satisfies Ben. As much as I think Tomlin's in over his head, I also think he's a master manipulator.
    Flippy - step away from the tinfoil....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Flippy - step away from the tinfoil....

Having a former governor so willingly wearing his tinfoil kinda legitimizes this type of thinking.

Although the fact that so many governors came out of the movie Predator throw a monkey wrench into that theory being legitimate most likely.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Couple thoughts:

drink some water

Starter

User Info Menu

From Arizona's sports radio, Bickley and MJ:

When Cardinals first acquired Hoyer, Todd Haley told Whisenhunt that Brian Hoyer was better than any of the available QB's the Cardinals had at the time (Skelton, Lindley) and that he needs to start Hoyer immediately. Said Haley likes Kolb and thinks he is a system QB and can flourish in right system.

Insider with Steelers organization says Haley wants Cardinals job badly despite the facade he is letting on. Says Haley has to put facade because he wants to leave Steelers gracefully

Thinks Bruce Arians is the most underrated candidate and arguably the best playcaller. Says only three teams have scheduled interviews with Arians next week and none of these teams include the Cardinals