Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger: Cutler would like working with Arians

Legend

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger: Cutler would like working with Arians

Roethlisberger: Cutler would like working with Arians

Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians gets support from Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger.

By Brad Biggs, Tribune reporter
    January 8, 2013

Ben Roethlisberger isn’t close with Jay Cutler, but he has no doubt the Chicago Bears quarterback would enjoy working with Bruce Arians.

In a conversation with the Tribune, the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback supported the Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator for a head-coaching position. Arians is expected to interview with the Bears, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles beginning later this week.

Arians is a candidate for NFL Coach of the Year after replacing Chuck Pagano while the Colts coach was on a medical leave battling leukemia. Arians is given credit for his work with Colts rookie quarterback Andrew Luck this season and previously in a run in Indianapolis he helped develop a young Peyton Manning.

“As long as Jay is willing to be open to being coached by a guy like B.A.,” Roethlisberger said Tuesday. “Not really knowing Jay, I can even say that because I know Jay will like B.A. because B.A. is that kind of guy. He’s gonna like Jay and he wants to work with guys. Guys really respect him. I think he would be able to not only work with but be great with Jay and I think Jay would like him a lot.”

Bears general manager Phil Emery has a list of at least 13 candidates he has or will interview for the job. Eight have an offensive background and it is believed finding a new coach to build around Cutler and dramatically improve the stagnant Bears offense is a priority. Cutler did not click under three offensive staffs former coach Lovie Smith had over a span of four seasons.

Roethlisberger was a two-time Pro Bowl performer under Arians and enjoyed his finest statistical season in 2007 with a 104.1 passer rating and 32 touchdowns against just 11 interceptions. That was Arians’ first season as offensive coordinator after being promoted from wide receivers coach.

“He works with what he’s got and with the players that he has, the personnel that he’s got,” Roethlisberger said. “He helped me really understand and learn the offense and is patient and was willing to work with me and not just be my boss. But really kind of make it work together.

“I think he is a players-coach. When I say that, I don’t mean he’s favored the players. I say that because he is fair and players respect him. You’re not going to always get your way as a player, and you shouldn’t. You respect his decision and his calls and the things he does. He would be a fit for a head coaching job perfectly.”

Roethlisberger believes Arians has the personality to control a room full of the entire team too.

“One-hundred percent,” he said. “Like I’ve said, guys respect him. When he was with Pittsburgh, he got along with the defensive guys just as well as the offensive guys because he competed with them in 7 on-7 and other drills and everyone respects him because he’s been around for a long time, he knows what he is talking about and so you’ve got to understand that is what you are going to get from him.

“He knows when to push you. People always thought that it was this great relationship that was hunky dory. But we got into our disagreements, our arguments. I think that is healthy. All good relationships should have that and he knows how to motivate each player. He’s not just a yeller. He’s not just a screamer. He knows how to get in your face, he knows how to not get in your face and talk to you. So, I think he’s the kind of guy you respect and want to play for.”

[URL]http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-roethlisberger-says-cutler-would-like-arians-20130108,0,2646064.story[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow...what a shame! Ben has clearly lost his mind after too many hits to the head, because everyone else keeps saying Arians is terrible...how could Ben be so wrong?

Must be the lingering effects of a concussion.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Rookie

User Info Menu

Cutler would love the slow-developing, all-or-nothing offense!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Another veiled insult towards Haley, if you ask me. Childish. He thinks he is so sly. By saying "B.A. is so easy to work with, and guys all love him" is another way of saying Haley is not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Another veiled insult towards Haley, if you ask me. Childish. He thinks he is so sly. By saying "B.A. is so easy to work with, and guys all love him" is another way of saying Haley is not.
    I agree.

I think Ben really needs to just move on and keep his focus on bringing home another Lombardi Trophy for this organization.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I hate the offseason.

Legend

User Info Menu

Damn... you mean a QB who lost his favorite OC can't give the guy an endorsement? I don't view this as a knock on Haley... I think this is for the Rooney in charge.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree.

I think Ben really needs to just move on and keep his focus on bringing home another Lombardi Trophy for this organization.
    You mean, like grow up? I am sick of all of Ben's little tantrums and veiled insults. He constantly used the media to stand on his soap box, but usually not in a direct way. The one time he did throw a tantrum directly he later apologized for it, claiming he didn't mean it (after the Dallas game, basically crying about the play calling). Get over it, butt hole. Maybe if AZ hires Haley Ben will get someone who he "gets along with."

Legend

User Info Menu

Nope. I don't think Ben and Haley have issues at all.

The issue is Art.

What would be funny, is when Arizona hires Haley and Ben goes with him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Nope. I don't think Ben and Haley have issues at all.

The issue is Art.

What would be funny, is when Arizona hires Haley and Ben goes with him.
    Welcome back...did you have a no playoff clause or something? Just kidding...