Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley to Arizona?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why would Haley ever be interested in AZ?
    Money motivates. So does ego. Stroke 'em both enough and I could see him taking a head coaching job again.

If he learned anything in KC it should be you are doomed without a very good QB and AZ has no QB options. Why do you think it appears Reid may be leaning towards KC? Cassel is better than anyone in AZ and that alone should tell you how bad the AZ situation is!

Best thing for all involved is for Haley to stay here.
    Yes - QB is king in this league. Every coach hopes to find the next Tom Brady. It isn't the current QB in AZ nor is it Cassel. Chiefs will get a higher draft pick but both teams could find a QB in the near future.

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley had a potential HoF Qb in Warner last time in AZ. There is nothing there now. AZ will be a death sentence for any HC going there.

The question was why AZ would be interested in Haley. Answer is that the last time he coached their offense, they were in the super bowl.

The missing piece on most terrible teams is a franchise QB. Every coach thinks he can find one eventually.

I think AZ is more intersted in Haley than Haley is interested in them. But you never know. Money and Ego can make people do things you didn't think they'd want to do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why would Haley ever be interested in AZ? If he learned anything in KC it should be you are doomed without a very good QB and AZ has no QB options. Why do you think it appears Reid may be leaning towards KC? Cassel is better than anyone in AZ and that alone should tell you how bad the AZ situation is!

Best thing for all involved is for Haley to stay here.
    Matt Cassel threw twice as many INT as TD this year and was replaced by BRADY QUINN. Maybe he's better than the Skelton/Lindley mess Arizona was throwing out there late in the season, but you'd think that Reid could work with Kevin Kolb, since he has before with some success. If Reid takes the K.C. job, he'll likely be working with Geno Smith as his QB with the first overall pick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Matt Cassel threw twice as many INT as TD this year and was replaced by BRADY QUINN. Maybe he's better than the Skelton/Lindley mess Arizona was throwing out there late in the season, but you'd think that Reid could work with Kevin Kolb, since he has before with some success. If Reid takes the K.C. job, he'll likely be working with Geno Smith as his QB with the first overall pick.
    I can't see any scenario in the world where Geno Smith is the #1 pick. The college ranks totally figured him out as the season went on. I wouldn't be surprised if Smith was still available at the end of Round 1 and KC had the ability to move up a couple of picks to get him. IMO KC will go defense with the top pick.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    [URL]http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/12/27/haley-not-interested-in-head-coaching-job/[/URL]
    Kaboly really is the worst of the beat writers. I can't think of a time when he's been right, and he's often too much of a coward to stand behind his incorrect assertions. He was the one who said Burress was signing two years ago and who said that Starks had no chance of returning this year (he removed his twitter report immediately after the signing).

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If Ben put as much time and effort into working with Haley and the new playbook as he did being passive aggressive against it; this O could be unstoppable. I hope Haley stays and the Rooney's have the "stop being a whiny douche" chat with BB.
    I'm not sure we would be "unstoppable" but I agree with everything else.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For those that want to slam Haley for his first season, an injury filled season then, you just don't like the guy.

Anyway, I don't care what good things happened to Haley back in the day in Arizona, he had a quarterback named Warner that got that team on the right track. Without a good to great QB, I think teams, coaches are always going to be behind the eightball.

In case your wondering who our OC will be if Haley does get the job, wonder no more. It will be our current runningback coach. From what I understand it was his job prior to the fire. With that, you can kiss the Steelers dreams of remaining a good team, reaching the Super Bowl while under the current coaching staff. I've already called it and I'll say it again. " If Tomlin can't improve what he does and what the others do around him, we won't see another Super Bowl for t least 20 to 25 more years. The whole cycle will need to go around from, crummy 500 teams with mid selections in the draft, losing on top of losing until another coach can come in and sign a bunch of undiscovered talent that can put us back in the drivers seat.

Be prepared for pre 70's teams all over again.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I will be really surprised if he leaves for Arizona. As already mentioned that team needs a complete offensive overhaul. He has one of his "dream jobs" right now and with a couple of successful seasons under his belt the likely ability to go to a team he actually wants to coach in the future. He's said the same thing himself.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    For those that want to slam Haley for his first season, an injury filled season then, you just don't like the guy.

Anyway, I don't care what good things happened to Haley back in the day in Arizona, he had a quarterback named Warner that got that team on the right track. Without a good to great QB, I think teams, coaches are always going to be behind the eightball.

In case your wondering who our OC will be if Haley does get the job, wonder no more. It will be our current runningback coach. From what I understand it was his job prior to the fire. With that, you can kiss the Steelers dreams of remaining a good team, reaching the Super Bowl while under the current coaching staff. I've already called it and I'll say it again. " If Tomlin can't improve what he does and what the others do around him, we won't see another Super Bowl for t least 20 to 25 more years. The whole cycle will need to go around from, crummy 500 teams with mid selections in the draft, losing on top of losing until another coach can come in and sign a bunch of undiscovered talent that can put us back in the drivers seat.

Be prepared for pre 70's teams all over again.
    So if Todd Haley taked the Arizona job and Kirby Wilson is named our new O.C., the Steelers will suck for the next quarter century?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why don't one of these teams looking for a coach hire LeBeau? I heard he is a "genius!"
    I know you are just joking, but DL tried the head coach thing, and he is content to just be a DC and stay in Pgh until he retires. And he IS a genius! No one can figure out how you can blitz AND play zone. It is mind-boggling! They have lineman dropping into coverage and safeties rushing the QB! Who will ever figure out how to attack such a defense?!?