Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley to Arizona?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I think I would thrive as an OC if Kurt Warner was my QB. Right now, Haley is the front runner for the AZ job. So now what? We have to go through the learning curve again of a whole new offense? Who ever it is, better know how to freaking call plays and get a rushing attack going. I am so sick of rooting for a Steeler team that ranks near the bottom in rushing. It is pathetic. 26th in the league, with a paltry 3.7 apc. Horrific.
    I agree. For years now we had Arians that won't have a blocking back on his teams, a guy that only had three running plays in his offense. Now we have Haley, a first year man with the team that has seen more changes in his o-line than Mike Tomlin has quips. Top it off with Tomlins inability to name a starter but I really don't put too much heat on Tomlin for that. Mendenhall was coming off a bad injury the season prior, got hurt again. The other guys have had their bruises too. I still don't know why Dwyer takes himself out of the games and he seems to do it after he gets steam rolling or has the defenses on their heals.
    If anyone thought Haly was going to change this offense into something better in just one season, take of the rose colored glasses.

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys sound crazy... Why would Haley want a HC gig without a franchise QB? Probably because his goal is to be a HC. If not... So be it but stop acting like Warner was this beast when Haley arrived. He was old, coming from the Giants and wasn't the starter when he arrived.

Also remember... They draft players every year and may find a journey man. As long as Fitz is in AZ I OCthink any OC would entertain taking the job.

It isn't ego or money... It's competition and Haley probably wants to prove he can succeed as an OC. He may lap think Ben isn't coachable...

I just think most coaches want to be HC's and you don't turn down a job because you don't have a a franchise QB.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-03-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Got mixed feelings on this one. Could be a case of two steps forward, one step back or vice versa. Finding another OC would be a step back, but if Ben and Haley truly didn't see eye to eye, this is one way to make a clean break.
    As far Haley as OC, again, incomplete picture. One half season of outstanding play, and half season of total barf. One thought is that defenses caught up to Haley's scheme by mid-season and found it easily defensed. Other thought of course, the OL & Ben injuries screwed everything up.
    So if Haley finds work elsewhere, so be it. If not, I can live with another season to see what Haley really is about. Anyway, if the O pans out next season, Haley would likely be in line for another HC.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haley already did a stint as a HC without a franchise QB. didn't work out too well. on the other hand, a few years of success in pittsburgh WITH a franchise QB and a solid organization can only help increase his value. HC pay isn't going down anytime soon and it seems owner tend to covet what they can't have. in other words, wait a year or two - try to win a SB with Ben and THEN cash in.

or go to AZ and be fired again within 4 years. the bidwells rank amongst the worst owners in the league.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Arizona has what, the 7th pick? I wouldn't be shocked to see Geno Smith drop in the draft or Arizona take a QB in round 1 or 2 and jump on the young QB train that half the playoff teams have ridden to the tournament. Haley got handed QB's in KC and Pittsburgh as well as in Arizona as an OC. Arizona went to the SB with Haley and Warner and Ben was having a career year under his watch before the OL fell apart (again) and Ben got hurt.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

If he's offered the Cardinals job, he'd be a fool to turn it down. Head Coach jobs don't just get handed out like lolly bags. It's possibly the best job in sports, regardless of the team you are in charge of. Opportunity does not always knock a second time. This is why Butler is foolish- he should have accepted any DC job he was offered, instead of waiting for the Steelers job once Lebeau retires. Who can say when Lebeau moves on? More to the point, what if Tomlin has moved on by then? Is there any guarantee the next HC will give Butler the job?

If Haley gets offered the job, good luck to him. He got rough-ridden in KC & deserves a better crack at the big time. Unlike Whiz, here's hoping Haley is smart enough to not count on scrub QB's.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Arizona has what, the 7th pick? I wouldn't be shocked to see Geno Smith drop in the draft or Arizona take a QB in round 1 or 2 and jump on the young QB train that half the playoff teams have ridden to the tournament. Haley got handed QB's in KC and Pittsburgh as well as in Arizona as an OC. Arizona went to the SB with Haley and Warner and Ben was having a career year under his watch before the OL fell apart (again) and Ben got hurt.
    Geno Smith is a bust waiting to happen.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Reid is supposedly building a new home in the SD area. Surprised he isn't looking at that job. Established QB and all. He'd do well out there. Maybe even take em to the SB next year....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Geno Smith- lol. Yep- bust.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/steelers-cardinals-permission-interview-haley-164619999--nfl.html[/url]
    Steelers give Cardinals permission to interview Haley

The Steelers confirmed that they have given the Cardinals permission to interview offensive coordinator Todd Haley for their vacant head-coaching position.
    Haley just finished his first year as the Steelers’ offensive coordinator. Pittsburgh’s offense finished 21st in the league and the Steelers did not make the playoffs.
    From 2007-08, Haley was the Cardinals’ offensive coordinator before going to Kansas City to be the Chiefs’ head coach. He was fired during the 2011 season. Haley has spent time as an assistant with the Jets, Bears and Cowboys in his career.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.