Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DeVille Does the Offseason

Legend

User Info Menu

If he passes fit, what about Mauti from Penn St as an option at ILB?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Early guesses on 53 man roster...

QB (3) - Ben, B.Gradkowski, L.Jones
    RB (4) - L.Bell, I.Redman, J.Dwyer, L.Stephens-Howling
    FB (1) - W.Johnson
    WR (6)- A.Brown, E.Sanders, M.Wheaton, P.Burress, J.Cotchery, R.Dunn (WR/KR)
    TE (4)- H.Miller, M.Spaeth, D.Paulson, D.Johnson
    OT (4) - M.Gilbert, M.Adams, K.Beachum(G/T), M.Farrell
    OG (3)- D.DeCastro, R.Foster, J.Malecki
    OC (2)- M.Pouncey, J.Madsden(G/C)

NT (2)- S.McLendon, A.Ta'amu
    DE (4)- B.Keisel, C.Heyward, Z.Hood, H.Fangupo (**revised)
    OLB (4)- L.Woodley, J.Worilds, J.Jones, C.Carter
    ILB (4)- L.Timmons, L.Foote, V.Williams, S.Sylvester
    CB (5)- I.Taylor, C.Allen, W.Gay, T.Hawthorne, C.Brown
    S (4)- T.Polamalu, R.Clark, S.Thomas, R.Golden
    LS (1) - G.Warren
    K (1) - S.Suisham
    P (1) - D.Butler

PS - N.Williams(DE), I.Wade(OG), J.Brown(WR), J.Victorian(CB), C.McNeal(RB/KR)
    IR - Sean Spence
    *NOTES
    • Best camp battle: backup O-line with five undrafted rooks M.Farrell, J.Madsden, I.Wade and M.Golic Jr, C.Hubbard, fighting for 2 spots. This battle may well come down to better ability to play multiple positions, and all of them have played more than one position...
    • Assuming no injuries on the OL, expect the team to finally cut ties with Max
    • Expect Curtis McNeal to replace Stephens-Howling next year if the team is able to hold on to him throughout the season.
    • Expect another Day 2 WR to be drafted in 2014, whether Sanders is resigned or not. While Sanders has said he would like to retire a Steeler, he also understands it's a business. He also said Mike Wallace LOVES the Steelers organization (I caught 5/1 interviews on ESPN2)
    • If Spence cannot return in 2014, expect another early-to-mid-round ILB in 2014 as Foote will be in his last year, as will Sylvester
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 05-06-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

Great job man. I still think someone has to come after June 1st cuts. But this would be a good roster at the beginning of the season for take #7
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

FB (1) - W.Johnson

NT (2)- S.McLendon, A.Ta'amu
    DE (4)- B.Keisel, C.Heyward, Z.Hood, Brian Arnfelt
    LS (1) - G.Warren
    K (1) - S.Suisham
    P (1) - D.Butler

IR - Sean Spence
    *NOTES
    • Best camp battle: backup O-line with five undrafted rooks M.Farrell, J.Madsden, I.Wade and M.Golic Jr, C.Hubbard, fighting for 2 spots. This battle may well come down to better ability to play multiple positions, and all of them have played more than one position...
    • Expect Curtis McNeal to replace Stephens-Howling next year if the team is able to hold on to him throughout the season.
    • Expect another Day 2 WR to be drafted in 2014, whether Sanders is resigned or not. While Sanders has said he would like to retire a Steeler, he also understands it's a business. He also said Mike Wallace LOVES the Steelers organization (I caught 5/1 interviews on ESPN2)
    • If Spence cannot return in 2014, expect another early-to-mid-round ILB in 2014 as Foote will be in his last year, as will Sylvester
    I find it interesting you don't have Hebron Fangupo making the team, but have Arnfelt making it. I've heard Colbert say that Fangupo can play DE and NT in our 3/4.

I see them keeping Ta'amu, Fangupo, and Mclendon.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

FB (1) - W.Johnson

NT (2)- S.McLendon, A.Ta'amu Just change this to Ta'amu,Fangupo.
    DE (4)- B.Keisel, C.Heyward, Z.Hood, Brian Arnfelt Change Arnfelt to McLendon.
    LS (1) - G.Warren
    K (1) - S.Suisham
    P (1) - D.Butler

IR - Sean Spence
    *NOTES
    NT (2)- S.McLendon, A.Ta'amu Just change this to Ta'amu,Fangupo.
    DE (4)- B.Keisel, C.Heyward, Z.Hood, Brian Arnfelt Change Arnfelt to McLendon.

Then I am Happy Happy! Of course Mclendon & Hood can and will see time at NT. With so many UDFA it will be interesting offseason/camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I find it interesting you don't have Hebron Fangupo making the team, but have Arnfelt making it. I've heard Colbert say that Fangupo can play DE and NT in our 3/4.

I see them keeping Ta'amu, Fangupo, and Mclendon.
    TOTALLY forgot him... I had a big fat "?????" at the other DE for the longest time...Arnfelt was kind of a "gotta have somebody so he makes it by default" pick... THAT was the missing peice to the puzzle. Nice catch!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

TOTALLY forgot him... I had a big fat "?????" at the other DE for the longest time...Arnfelt was kind of a "gotta have somebody so he makes it by default" pick... THAT was the missing peice to the puzzle. Nice catch!
    Gotta admit, you had me scratching my head there for a minute.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder if Brian Rolle will beat out Sylvester? Don't know much about him, but they signed him towards the end of last year.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Am I the only one that chuckles every time I read this thread title?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Am I the only one that chuckles every time I read this thread title?
    happens to me... Glad yer right there in the gutter with me!