Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Choose your weapon: Colon or Foster?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you cut Colon...He only nets a little over 1 mil savings while creating 6.4 mil of dead money this year. As said above...You can spread it out if they wait until after June 1st. I personally would keep Foster over Colon because Colon can't stay on the field. The question is what will Foster command? My gut is Foster or Legursky will hit free agency unless they take a discount to remain. I'm sure the Steelers would like to keep Legursky & Foster but I don't know if it is possible. Since Foster is a better starter he should be the priority. Decastro has snapped & I'm sure Beachum will get some work there too. Legursky may be the odd man out if he is looking for big money. He could start at C for many teams and he knows it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I liked the way Foster teamed with Adams on the right side. The running game seemed to click with those two playing. Foster did seem to be lost playing on the left side in the guard position. He did seem to do okay as the right tackle.

I hated Colon as the right tackle. Not only did he seem over matched by many defensive ends he was always a penalty waiting to happen. His move to guard worked out a little better although he was still a penalty waiting to happen ... normally in a key situation.

Overall I would take Foster over Colon but the big thing is the cap hit. I believe getting rid of Colon leaves us with a lot of dead money. Foster wants starter money but I don't think we have a position for him to start in. So, just based on money, we keep Colon and let Foster go.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You guys all have valid points and figure things out pretty logical. The reason why we are in this mess IMHO, Colon is not good enough, ever healthy enough to play any of the above mentioned positions. He was and is an over paid second stringer that can' stay healthy.. I've always said it and I will continue to say it, Colon has always been the biggest problem to the o-line, Bens health, the cap issue, the offenses progress.
    Legursky in my opinion will get the better dollars to remain a Steeler but, I can also see them wanting to keep Foster because he's a better guard. And your right when you say, Legursky can start at center on many teams. He's normal, he'll want his big dollars if they are there. What's the chances the Steelers move Legurky to center, Pouncey to guard for the remainder of their careers with the Steelers ? I doubt it but I thought I'd ask.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I liked the way Foster teamed with Adams on the right side. The running game seemed to click with those two playing. Foster did seem to be lost playing on the left side in the guard position. He did seem to do okay as the right tackle.

I hated Colon as the right tackle. Not only did he seem over matched by many defensive ends he was always a penalty waiting to happen. His move to guard worked out a little better although he was still a penalty waiting to happen ... normally in a key situation.

Overall I would take Foster over Colon but the big thing is the cap hit. I believe getting rid of Colon leaves us with a lot of dead money. Foster wants starter money but I don't think we have a position for him to start in. So, just based on money, we keep Colon and let Foster go.
    We can't afford the Colon cap hit so he wins by default. Just the way it is.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    We can't afford the Colon cap hit so he wins by default. Just the way it is.

Sad but true

Legend

User Info Menu

At least one website believes Foster will sign elsewhere if the Steelers don't offer a decent contract. Colon.... probably not. Recent injury history does him in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Colons been out the last 3 years so hard to say.
    Foster has been here the last 3 years and our OL still sucked.
    What does that say?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Colons been out the last 3 years so hard to say.
    Foster has been here the last 3 years and our OL still sucked.
    What does that say?
    its all fosters fault?

sorry, not buying that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would like to think both of them will be back. Colon alone because of the cap hit, and Foster because he can compete with Colon at LG. Foster is a bit younger, so having a younger LG would be a good thing. I would imagine he will test the FA market. Maybe he won't find what he's looking for and come back.

As far as what someone above said about Foster and Adams playing well together on the right side- yea true, (except for some of the pass blocking Adams was trying to do) but you also have to keep in mind that Colon was pulling alot of times to the right and getting the RB some yardage.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'd keep Foster over Colon. Hopefully, the Steelers FO can make that happen.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.