Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Choose your weapon: Colon or Foster?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Colon had 12 penalties on the season: 8 offensive holding, 3 false starts, 1 unsportsmanlike conduct, costing the team a total of 82 yards. Foster had 4 penalties: 2 offensive holding, 1 false start, and 1 unnecessary roughness, for a total of 13 yards. (Source = [URL]http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/pittsburgh-steelers?year=2012[/URL])

Colon led the team in penalties; the next-closest players were Ike Taylor and Keenan Lewis, who had 8 apiece, and Heath Miller, who had 5 (all offensive holding). Then it was Foster and VanDyke with 4 apiece.
    thanks for posting.

I thought foster was pretty clean.

starks was excellent. No holding calls all year at LT. That's impressive.
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 01-06-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cant pay Colon all that $$$ to ride the pine IMO

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    People remember Colon's flags because they hate him...
    Or maybe there were more of them to remember

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

sign foster
    cut colon
    offer legursky a real low contract

draft warmack in round 1

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know how many flags were thrown due to Foster but I'm sure it's more than we would like and and a lot more than we remember. As for Colon vs Foster with flags being thrown, I think we are worn out with seeing Colon screw up, get banged up for so many years at top dollar pay. If Foster continues on the same track, there will be complaints about him too.

Neither of these guys are good and are just backup players trying to fill a role they can not handle. It's not their fault that the Steelers can't find anyone better than them to start on the offensive line. It's also not their fault that the front office over pays them, hangs a big contract on them.

With that, I will still continue to biitch about these guys, Foster, Colon, Gilbert. I've got news for you, Adams will be the next guy to drizzle on your dreams because he reminds me of every other backup on this team trying to be a starter and can't. Pouncey is good, Max is good or good enough and the rest are just backups or haven't had a chance to let us know what they are capable of. We will go in banged up , not up to the task and blind with the same guys next season.

The linebackers are suspect to nonexistent such as the d-line, the safeties are old, the corners with one getting old and the other you don't know if he will return, a runningback program that has no leader, receivers that are good one week, bad the other and special teams are poorly coached.
    The problems fall upon many.

Giving big cntracts to old player, guys that continue to get injured, guys not worth the coin.

Having so much success that, our draft rounds are not gathering quality players.

Ben is not unboard in my opinion because Rooney had enough of Ben & Arians butt munching ways.

Tomlin has never placed his stamp or identity to these teams and it just seem like a free for all with the assistant coaching and or players.

Tomlin teams seem to have no discipline or the fundemental playing skills.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If the Steelers make a foolish mistake by releasing Starks then we're in for a 2013 season like this one. Pouncey and Starks were our best O-linemen, you don't let good LT go especially when you have an offense like we do. I'm affraid were in a catch 22 for 2013, this team has too many issues to regain its championship form, unless we hit it in the draft.
    You cut starks, your making this offense worse as Ben won't see the end of the 2013 season. The reality is 2010 was our window when we went to the SB, but lost to the pack. I hate to say this but in my heart I'm always optimistic our Steelers will be good, oh we'll be a competitive team, but will that be enough to make the post season?
    On a positive note if you want to call it positive, we lost 5 games by 3 points, just win two out of five and we would of played in the post season. Thats what we can hope for, winning those close games next year. To be honest, I don't have the same confidense as in the past, I actually thought we

could make a run this year at the beginning of the season and we finish with a disappointing 8-8 record.

As I reflect, that 2010 season was our opportunity to hoist #7, we had momentum and could of scored until Mendy had that fumble against Green Bay, now that will be just a memory. The only expectation I have for the new season is improvenment, nothing more.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

IF we just would've beat Cincy in Pitt, we would've made the playoffs..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And put me down as NOT in favor of drafting another OL in the 1st round. Take one later. Maybe even a Center.

Hell, you all have low expectations. Mine is going to the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 01-07-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Who was our left tackles prior to Starks ? Was it Marvel Smith and a couple of guys in between Smith and Starks ?
    We had Marvel at LT and Starks at RT. Then Marvel was gone and Starks slid to the left side. The same way that Smith started his career on the right side while waiting for Wayne Gandy to depart.

And to echo what several have said already. Max Starks has been the most underappreciated Steeler for a good part of his career. I have said it for years, and the team could have saved itself a lot of money and aggrivation years ago if they had signed him to a long term contract instead of tagging him two years in a row. I also believe - and I said it back then too - that Tomlin always had a problem of some sort with Max, and he messed up when he replaced him with Willie Colon when he first arrived.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    If the Steelers make a foolish mistake by releasing Starks then we're in for a 2013 season like this one. Pouncey and Starks were our best O-linemen, you don't let good LT go especially when you have an offense like we do. I'm affraid were in a catch 22 for 2013, this team has too many issues to regain its championship form, unless we hit it in the draft.
    You cut starks, your making this offense worse as Ben won't see the end of the 2013 season. The reality is 2010 was our window when we went to the SB, but lost to the pack. I hate to say this but in my heart I'm always optimistic our Steelers will be good, oh we'll be a competitive team, but will that be enough to make the post season?
    On a positive note if you want to call it positive, we lost 5 games by 3 points, just win two out of five and we would of played in the post season. Thats what we can hope for, winning those close games next year. To be honest, I don't have the same confidense as in the past, I actually thought we

could make a run this year at the beginning of the season and we finish with a disappointing 8-8 record.

As I reflect, that 2010 season was our opportunity to hoist #7, we had momentum and could of scored until Mendy had that fumble against Green Bay, now that will be just a memory. The only expectation I have for the new season is improvenment, nothing more.
    If we don't add more talent to the OL and keep Starks expect 2013 to be another play-off miss.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"