Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shocker: Ben back to drama

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Shocker: Ben back to drama

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/62395/roethlisberger-admits-he-rushed-back[/url]

After both Ben and Tomlin repeatedly saying Ben's injury had no impact on his play, of course, Ben comes out and basically says, in so many words, that he is too injured to play in the Pro Bowl, which is another way of saying, he was actually pretty injured the last games he played.

Ben is pretty frustrating. On one hand, he really can take a beating and play through some major injuries. On the other, he constantly throws out injuries statuses so he can always use them as a trap door in case he doesn't win. And after saying over and over that no wounds were hurting his play, alas, after the season is over, he races right to alluding that he is still so hurt, that he can't play in the Pro Bowl, AND that his first task at hand is to "get healthy." Many of his stated injuries over the years have been mysterious. Remember when he claimed he had a broken foot or jacked toe, and Cowher said he never even heard such a thing? There have been lots of those.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben being Ben...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ben wasn't 100% healthy when he came back?

Wow. I never would have guessed....

Rookie

User Info Menu

While I totally agree that Ben can be a drama queen, I think playing in the Pro Bowl is just not what it used to be. All kinds of people drop out every year.
    "....great films, with plots! Where you cared about whose ass it was, and why it was farting!"

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/235511.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow, the "drama" analysis is just a bit of a reach here. OK, it's a long reach. It's one thing to be too injured to play when your team is in the playoff hunt and you need to lead your teammates. It's quite another to be too injured to play an all-star game where you can still get hit. How anyone can not get that is beyond me.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sure, Not View Post
    While I totally agree that Ben can be a drama queen, I think playing in the Pro Bowl is just not what it used to be. All kinds of people drop out every year.
    Oh, that wasn't my point at all. I could care less if he wants to play in PB or not. My point was, this is a thinly veiled (if veiled at all) way of saying he was indeed still hurt the last 3 games, hence, it is kind of an excuse for his poor play. You can totally read that message into his comments, even though, both he and Tomlin were adamant that injuries did not influence his play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Wow, the "drama" analysis is just a bit of a reach here. OK, it's a long reach. It's one thing to be too injured to play when your team is in the playoff hunt and you need to lead your teammates. It's quite another to be too injured to play an all-star game where you can still get hit. How anyone can not get that is beyond me.
    You missed the point, entirely. The point was not about him wanting to play in the PB; the entire point was that he is now saying and implying that he was hurt all along, even though both he and Tomlin have said many times that in no way was Ben's play impacted by an injury. Now he is obviously saying differently. Get it?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Keep haten hater. It really does not matter. Ben at 80% is better then Batch. Maybe he got hurt again in the clev game? He wants to be home with his new born son, not at the pro bowl parting it up. The best part is Ben will be Ben for what 5 years or so more for you to hate. Enjoy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Keep haten hater. It really does not matter. Ben at 80% is better then Batch. Maybe he got hurt again in the clev game? He wants to be home with his new born son, not at the pro bowl parting it up. The best part is Ben will be Ben for what 5 years or so more for you to hate. Enjoy.
    Again, you totally missed the point. Read the above posts where I explained it in detail.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sure, Not View Post
    Just curious Not Sure, do you smoke Tarryltons?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash