Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shocker: Ben back to drama

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sorry I am late to the Ben bashing party...BUT... Pro Bowl? We he selected as an alternate? Did someone drop out? I missed it. Thanks,

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Just curious Not Sure, do you smoke Tarryltons?
    Only when I drink brawndo and watch "ow my balls"
    "....great films, with plots! Where you cared about whose ass it was, and why it was farting!"

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/235511.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Gee, I don't know, both Ben and Tomlin said the injury had ZERO effect on his play. Were they lying to us then or lying to us now? Had to be lying at some point - both can't be true.
    Actually they CAN both be true.
    You can have an injury causes pain without necessarily affecting your play.
    Contrary to your contention Ben has in fact "downplayed" his injury as an excuse.

Even if he feels he can play fine in the PB, if he feel pain throwing resting his arm to heal fully is only logical and has nothing to do with "excusing" his poor play at seasons end.

The only "drama" here is the one in your head.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Actually they CAN both be true.
    You can have an injury causes pain without necessarily affecting your play.
    Contrary to your contention Ben has in fact "downplayed" his injury as an excuse.

Even if he feels he can play fine in the PB, if he feel pain throwing resting his arm to heal fully is only logical and has nothing to do with "excusing" his poor play at seasons end.

The only "drama" here is the one in your head.
    Yea right, he "downplayed" the impact of the injury but then conveniently added in, "I'm not healthy enough to play in the Pro Bowl" but, some how, WAS healthy enough to play in a 100% meaningless game vs. CLE. If you don't grasp the implication, I can't help you.

Backup

User Info Menu

Healthy enough to play for your team in a meaningless game is different than healthy enough to play in a meaningless pro bowl game....

Apparently the Cleveland games was not as meaningless as you make it out to be....at least not to the players.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm disappointed the way the season ended for the Steelers AND Ben just like the next guy, but we should all appreaciate Ben even in the bad times.
    I can't complain much, he was the starting QB for the Steelers in Three Super Bowls , as a rookie won 15 games, took us to several playoff games, and played hurt many times.
    There is no tougher QB in the league, he may not have the skill sets of Manning or Brady but I'll take Ben and glad he's our QB.
    I can never recall him calling a teammate out in public or on the field he always takes the blame when the team fails.

Legend

User Info Menu

These athletes get paid millions of dollars and to play the pro-bowl they get like 100,000? They dont need it so why play?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S