Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who was the Steelers' best back after all?

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm curious to see if Rainey bulks up any for next season? I'd use him as a WR. He's identical in size to Wes Welker.
    That's odd, I consider Welker to be a solidly built shorter guy, whereas I consider Rainey's body to be more beanpole thin.

Backup
    I'm a fan of Dwyer. He has barely toted the ball in the three years that he has been on the team. He's young. I think an offensive line of Starks-Foster-Pouncey-DDC-Adams healthy for the majority of a season would help deliver more of Dwyers potential. I also think he needs to be shown how to eat right and stay in good shape during the offseason.

If these two things happen, I believe Dwyer can do it. He has a running style that can be very successful in this league. To me he is the type of back that can get you a fresh new set of downs on a couple carries, breaking off 7 and 9 yard runs with authority.

I also think he is still maturing and growing up. He still has things to learn. Like perhaps there is a mental thing that is goin on with him. Can't be the physicality of the game. He was a thumper in college and continued that into the NFL. That's why I still think he has to really becoe a man or something like that.

But it would be a bad move to give up on this guy so soon. I think he has earned a shot at the starting job and if he get's his a$$ in shape and if the Steelers handle the offensive line issues properly I think we will have something.

Hall of Famer
    None of them remind me of Bettis, D Martin, or even M Forte.

For as bad as the Bears OL was this year (all starters except one missing parts of the season) Forte still managed over 1000 yds. Just sayin..