Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2013 FA's worth a look

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I would rather have Larry Foote or Larry Grant. Both have proven they can play in a 3-4. Foote at least knows the system and your getting the same type of guy as Maualuga.

With Grant, your going to get him at a real bargain compared to Maualuga.
    You should read up up Maualuga. You dont know much about him. He played in a 3-4 at USC and also the first couple of years at Cincinnati.

And are you sure you are a Steeler fan? You seem to always want bargain basement players for them. Grant is coming a t a bargain for a reason. His play/talent is as such.

And I am not suggesting breaking the bank on Maualuga. If he comes at a good cost then yes.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    And are you sure you are a Steeler fan?
    Ask dumb questions much?

You should read up up Maualuga. You dont know much about him. He played in a 3-4 at USC and also the first couple of years at Cincinnati.
    Don't need to read up on Maualuga. I have watched him since his USC days enough to know that he ALWAYS underachieves. He has ZERO instincts. I also know that he is no better than Larry Foote (who knows the system) and Maualuga sucks in coverage.

You can crap on Larry Grant all you want. He stepped in for Patrick Willis last year and played BIG time. He is a great fit in the 3-4.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Ask dumb questions much?

Don't need to read up on Maualuga. I have watched him since his USC days enough to know that he ALWAYS underachieves. He has ZERO instincts. I also know that he is no better than Larry Foote (who knows the system) and Maualuga sucks in coverage.

You can crap on Larry Grant all you want. He stepped in for Patrick Willis last year and played BIG time. He is a great fit in the 3-4.
    See now you are changing what you said. You implied that Maualuga didn't fit a 3-4. And that is wrong.

How has Maualuga underachieved? He was a second round draft pick who has improved all 4 years in the NFL. Getting 122 tackles this last year is underachieving? And hpow do you do that if you dont have ZERO instincts? Makes no sense. But you have an agenda and it goes right along with it.

And for your information, Larry Foote can't over either.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And are you sure you are a Steeler fan? You seem to always want bargain basement players for them. Grant is coming a t a bargain for a reason. His play/talent is as such.

And I am not suggesting breaking the bank on Maualuga. If he comes at a good cost then yes.

I don't think that is correct. I believe Cinci has been a 4-3 defense as long as Maualuga has been in the NFL.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Since Mike Zimmer joined the Bengals, they have run that Dallas 4-3 over...

Just as Pete Carroll at USC never changed from the 4-3 under that he runs now in Seattle...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

See now you are changing what you said. You implied that Maualuga didn't fit a 3-4. And that is wrong.

How has Maualuga underachieved? He was a second round draft pick who has improved all 4 years in the NFL. Getting 122 tackles this last year is underachieving? And hpow do you do that if you dont have ZERO instincts? Makes no sense. But you have an agenda and it goes right along with it.

And for your information, Larry Foote can't over either.
    Why bring in a guy that is another version of Larry Foote, when you can get Foote for cheaper?

I said I don't want Maualuga in a 4-3 or a 3-4. I don't like the guy as a player. period.

I have never been impressed with anything he does. There are lots of starting LB'er that get tackles, that doesn't make them all great. He's an average LB'er. What LB'er wouldn't get tackles with that D-line in front of him? He can't cover, doesn't get sacks.

What the hell does he do but tackle backs the D-line doesn't clean up? He's a pile jumper. Half his tackles were assist. Larry Foote had 13 more solo tackles.

He's part of the reason the Bengals had a bad rushing defense until they got Pat Sims back healthy.

Much better options exist to give us ILB depth until we draft one or get Spence back.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Tracy Porter. Absolutely. Getting him after an injury filled year could be a great value. If he can come cheap enough that will give great flexibility in figuring out what to do with Lewis and Taylor.
    Just a note on Porter: Since I live in Denver, I have to listen to their sports radio and Alfred Williams (former broncs DE) does a show and watches a lot of the games with former players and current front office guys. He says they take Porter out of the game a lot of times under the guise of "injury" because he is getting consistently beat.

Plus his high risk/high reward play seems at odds with LeBeaus philosophy imo.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska