Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Reflects on Season

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace Reflects on Season

Good read from Dale Lolley re: Wallace:[URL="http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20130101/SPORTS0403/130109941#.UOPGLITLj4Q.blogger"]

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20130101/SPORTS0403/130109941#.UOPGLITLj4Q.blogger[/URL]

For what it's worth, despite his statement that he wants to return, Wexell has reported that he does not want to return to the Steelers.

Starter

User Info Menu

“I definitely wish things would have been better. But I wouldn’t change anything I did.”

This statement, referencing his holdout and behaviour during this time period, says a lot I think. Me first, I can do no wrong attitude, that shows why maybe the Steelers dodged a bullet with Wallace.

As if his Larry Fitzgerald money preseason posturing wasn't off-putting enough for a guy whose main talent is speed (Mike, I'd hate to break this to you, but you will lose your speed either to age or injury within several years). So Wallace shows up despite flashes in some games this season basically regressed due to his many dropped passses.

Now with the season over, is he humbled a bit? Nope.

I don't like watching talent go, but Wallace's attitude isn't worth the price of his talent, which he overestimates to his own detriment anyway. Statements like the above aren't going to make him any more attrative to other teams either.

Backup

User Info Menu

So much for accountability. That guy seems totally clueless to me. Let him go and hopefully we get a nice compensatory pick in the 2014 draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    So much for accountability. That guy seems totally clueless to me. Let him go and hopefully we get a nice compensatory pick in the 2014 draft.
    Just confirms Mike is all about Mike. Let him become someone else's Prima Dona.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think it did hurt Mike not being in camp but that was his decision and it backfired on him. The amount of money he was looking for isn't realistic, but IMO he could still help our team even with the baggage.
    The Steelers gave Antonio Brown a hefty contract and he didn't live up to the amount he was given, dropping passes and making mistakes at critical time of a game, so Mike's not alone.
    Even with his sub par season he still led all receivers in receptions so I wouldn't be so quick to close the door on Mike Wallace.

I can understand Wallace wanting the best contract he could get, but he made a mistake by not showing up for camp. He wants to be finacially secure for himself and family, every player wants that. Most players desire to get their best contract on the second one, they are one injury away from not playing anymore so again I can understand Mike's position.

In a way, maybe with Mike having a down year it will make him rethink his salary demands, and as bad as it looks now the Steelers and Wallace could still work out a contract just not the one he wanted. Between him and Mendy, he has a better chance to stay here maybe not a good one but still a chance. I would prefer to keep Mike and I believe the Steelers deep down would rather sign him if his agent gets his head out of his azz, and works out a contract that is reasonable for both sides
    That he wanted Fitz money was put out there as a ploy, not by Mike but his agent I believe to get him the biggest contract possible or settle for a little less. That too, backfired on his agent, he can't command the money he wanted in the first place so the door could be still open and the bridge is there .
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-02-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've accepted the fact this was his last season this past preseason.
    So glad the Steelers stepped up and just gave Brown his money.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I think it did hurt Mike not being in camp but that was his decision and it backfired on him. The amount of money he was looking for isn't realistic, but IMO he could still help our team even with the baggage.
    The Steelers gave Antonio Brown a hefty contract and he didn't live up to the amount he was given, dropping passes and making mistakes at critical time of a game, so Mike's not alone.
    Even with his sub par season he still led all receivers in receptions so I wouldn't be so quick to close the door on Mike Wallace.

I can understand Wallace wanting the best contract he could get, but he made a mistake by not showing up for camp. He wants to be finacially secure for himself and family, every player wants that. Most players desire to get their best contract on the second one, they are one injury away from not playing anymore so again I can understand Mike's position.

In a way, maybe with Mike having a down year it will make him rethink his salary demands, and as bad as it looks now the Steelers and Wallace could still work out a contract just not the one he wanted. Between him and Mendy, he has a better chance to stay here maybe not a good one but still a chance. I would prefer to keep Mike and I believe the Steelers deep down would rather sign him if his agent gets his head out of his azz, and works out a contract that is reasonable for both sides
    That he wanted Fitz money was put out there as a ploy, not by Mike but his agent I believe to get him the biggest contract possible or settle for a little less. That too, backfired on his agent, he can't command the money he wanted in the first place so the door could be still open and the bridge is there .
    Its all up to Wallace where he plays. He can be a Steeler if he wants to be a Steeler, but as I have said for some time he doesn't want to be a Steeler.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's amazing to me that posters here still think they know what Wallace was asking for in the preseason. People have been throwing out that ill-sourced "Fitz-money" hokum all year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It's amazing to me that posters here still think they know what Wallace was asking for in the preseason. People have been throwing out that ill-sourced "Fitz-money" hokum all year.
    Your absolutely right Sugar, he never demanded FIZ money, it was ill-sourced as you say.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am totally uninterested in ANYTHING that comes out of this punk's mouth. He has zero credibility and has showcased his immaturity, selfishness and stupidity enough times that I know nothing he says has any substance or credibility. Where are the Wallace apologists now? He is a punk, and a one trick pony. Plus he plays lazy and unfocused and nothing is ever his fault. Losing him will be an addition through subtraction. Watch and see. He is part of the crap chemistry that ruined this season.