Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 FA's worth a look

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Not a world beater, but very much in Larry Foote's league and is much better in coverage. Replace a Larry with a Larry.
    You can't have two Larrys. You can only have a Larry and two Darryls.

And, yes, I just made a way-outdated 1980's Newhart joke. So sue me.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    I saw Brandon Jacobs was released by the 49ers. With our RB situation, is he worth taking a look at?
    No way. He has always been overrated to begin with and now he isn't even what he once was. There is a reason SF dumped him; he isn't effective anymore. He once had some decent speed with his immense size. Now, all he has is immense size, with no speed which equates to a tackling dummy who stands up for a while as 5 defenders hit him. Kind of like the entire career of Ron Dayne. Just say no to BJs. There is also a reason Coughlin didn't try to keep him in NY. As I said in another thread, huge backs are only good for a few seasons, other than Bettis, who is the all-time exception of a big back with longevity.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hell No! No one does less with more athleticism than this guy.
    All I know is that he has improved every year he has been in the league and he is coming off a 120 tackle season, which is more than any one on the Steelers. And I believe in the Steeler defense (3-4 where he is better suited), with coach Lebeau, he would be even better.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    All I know is that he has improved every year he has been in the league and he is coming off a 120 tackle season, which is more than any one on the Steelers. And I believe in the Steeler defense (3-4 where he is better suited), with coach Lebeau, he would be even better.
    This guy is pillow soft and has next to no instincts. No thank you.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

QB-Matt Moore - Yes, underrated back up who can win games.

RB-Mike Goodson - Yes, a pretty versatile big back who produces.

WR-Devery Henderson - Not sure I would pay much for him. Draft pick cheaper and as good.

TE-Ben Watson - Too old for my tastes. But I'd take him over freaking Pope, for sure.

OL-Phil Loadholt - Guy is massive. Would love him but will be too pricey for Pgh's tastes.

DB-Tracy Porter - Good player, will be too rich for Pgh's tastes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Would add a few other FA options:
    Kevin Smith RB Detroit
    Domenik Hixon WR NY Giants
    Chris Cooley TE Washington
    Brandon Albert OT/OG Kansas City
    Roy Miller DT Tampa Bay
    Pat Sims DT Cincinnatti
    Ron Brace New England
    Gary Guyton LB San Diego
    Victor Butler OLB Dallas
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Would add a few other FA options:
    Kevin Smith RB Detroit
    Has he EVER been healthy for a whole season?

Domenik Hixon WR NY Giants - Probably cost more than they will be willing to spend.

Chris Cooley TE Washington - Already cut and no one signed until Skins lost TE. Must be for a reason.

Brandon Albert OT/OG Kansas City - Has this guy panned out? I know he didn't earlier.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Has he EVER been healthy for a whole season?

Domenik Hixon WR NY Giants - Probably cost more than they will be willing to spend.

Chris Cooley TE Washington - Already cut and no one signed until Skins lost TE. Must be for a reason.

Brandon Albert OT/OG Kansas City - Has this guy panned out? I know he didn't earlier.
    Smith certainly seems to carry the injury bug, and will have to be checked out, but he won't be in high demand, and wouldn't be asked to carry the load in Pittsburgh, just be part of the rotation.

Not sure what kind of market Hixon will demand- there are a few bigger name WR's on the market, and Hixon is the 3rd/4th WR in New York. He fits the bigger WR need in Pittsburgh though.

Cooley's problem is that he's older than teams want. With Miller coming back from injury, the Steelers might need a reliable pass catcher at TE early in the season.

Albert is an OG playing at OT. Move him back to OG, reckon you get yourself a steal. Plus- wasn't he drafted by our OC?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Smith certainly seems to carry the injury bug, and will have to be checked out, but he won't be in high demand, and wouldn't be asked to carry the load in Pittsburgh, just be part of the rotation.

Not sure what kind of market Hixon will demand- there are a few bigger name WR's on the market, and Hixon is the 3rd/4th WR in New York. He fits the bigger WR need in Pittsburgh though.

Cooley's problem is that he's older than teams want. With Miller coming back from injury, the Steelers might need a reliable pass catcher at TE early in the season.

Albert is an OG playing at OT. Move him back to OG, reckon you get yourself a steal. Plus- wasn't he drafted by our OC?
    I don't think so. Albert was drafted the same year we took Mendenhall. Mendy got injured that year and we played Haley in the Superbowl when he was with Arizona. But they certainly have a relationship. How good that is?? guess we'll see if he comes for a visit. haha
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This guy is pillow soft and has next to no instincts. No thank you.
    We both know that isn't true. You cant get 122 tackles in the NFL if you are pillow soft and have no instincts. But I get it. Your agenda is flying high. Carry on.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash