Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shocking Stats from the Steelers This Year

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok, slightly back to the original post, McLendon would be well used in various roles on the DL, mostly in passing downs, as he seems able to get some pressure. He reminds Chadman of Chris Hoke, kind of a pocket-rocket on the DL.

Thing is, he's not a 3-4 zone blitz NT. He can't stack the middle, draw multiple blockers. He's not the answer, but he's a useful tool to have. Hood is nowhere near as bad as people would want you to believe. Go back and watch some tape, he faces multiple blockers on most plays- more so than Casey did early in the season.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    BETTIS could have been better and done a lot more with a GREAT O-LINE. If Bettis was running behind our line the last few years he'd average 3.2 yard/carry.

BETTIS ate GARBAGE and was well overweight and couldn't recover from injuries b/c of it.
    Ok lets say you are right...and yet he was in the top six rushers of ALL TIME.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    It's because Coughlin gained 9 pounds in the offseason. And his wife gained 7.
    I can't stop laughing. I might wake up Mrs. Fan now because of this.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Give McClendon more reps... I don't care if he is soft against the run. Let him learn on the fly.. he will improve.

Bettis was a beast.... he could fall forward for 3 yards without an OL and over time he would wear down a D.

My wife said Tomlin packed on a few... I don't look at guys like that. LOL...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Ok, slightly back to the original post, McLendon would be well used in various roles on the DL, mostly in passing downs, as he seems able to get some pressure. He reminds Chadman of Chris Hoke, kind of a pocket-rocket on the DL.

Thing is, he's not a 3-4 zone blitz NT. He can't stack the middle, draw multiple blockers. He's not the answer, but he's a useful tool to have. Hood is nowhere near as bad as people would want you to believe. Go back and watch some tape, he faces multiple blockers on most plays- more so than Casey did early in the season.
    Let me guess...the answer at NT is a kid from Australia
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"