Thread: Wallace Reflects on Season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Its all up to Wallace where he plays. He can be a Steeler if he wants to be a Steeler, but as I have said for some time he doesn't want to be a Steeler.
    For most players, being tied to a team isn't their goal. It's not like us as fans. It's a short-term career and they want to make the most $$ they can. I don't fault them for that.

At the same time, I think Wallace blew negotiations. He could've had a deal better than what Brown got. His future would already have been secured. Personally, I think taking the deal the Steelers offered would have given him the best overall combination of security & wealth (He could still have a career-altering injury in the offseason - like Suggs did). And Wallace could have continued to build his brand/image and made even more $$ with endorsements. But he and his agent decided that they'd play the game and find a bigger contract/payday elsewhere.

That left us with a less-than-dedicated Wallace this season and it showed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    For most players, being tied to a team isn't their goal. It's not like us as fans. It's a short-term career and they want to make the most $$ they can. I don't fault them for that.

At the same time, I think Wallace blew negotiations. He could've had a deal better than what Brown got. His future would already have been secured. Personally, I think taking the deal the Steelers offered would have given him the best overall combination of security & wealth (He could still have a career-altering injury in the offseason - like Suggs did). And Wallace could have continued to build his brand/image and made even more $$ with endorsements. But he and his agent decided that they'd play the game and find a bigger contract/payday elsewhere.

Very well-written and money post.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post

$$$$$

Wallace screwed the pooch and now he won't get a deal much different than what he turned down from the Steelers. A complete waste that he was so stupid.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    $$$$$

Wallace screwed the pooch and now he won't get a deal much different than what he turned down from the Steelers. A complete waste that he was so stupid.
    maybe he will.... maybe he won't... but it's his career. If I'm Wallace I walk into our office and put my stats in a down year up against Brown's with his new contract. Effe you... pay me more than Brown.

I'm a Brown fan too. Just think most Steeler fans are thinking about this as a fan and not a business decision.