Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Reflects on Season

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I find it amusing that Antonio Brown is getting paid 3x as much as Wallace, and had that money just handed to him, and yet he has been mostly invisible and underperforming all year yet no one cares.

As long as the guy who kept his mouth shut and tried to get the best deal he could, and "held out" while not under contract???, is still a Steeler than any other WR can do no wrong. Forget that the guy was still the best and most dangerous WR on the team even while adjusting the style he has always played with to work better within the new offensive style.

Wallace hasn't been any more absent minded than AB, and has shown more willingness to adapt his play than Big Ben, yet he is vilified constantly.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I find it amusing that Antonio Brown is getting paid 3x as much as Wallace, and had that money just handed to him, and yet he has been mostly invisible and underperforming all year yet no one cares.

As long as the guy who kept his mouth shut and tried to get the best deal he could, and "held out" while not under contract???, is still a Steeler than any other WR can do no wrong. Forget that the guy was still the best and most dangerous WR on the team even while adjusting the style he has always played with to work better within the new offensive style.

Wallace hasn't been any more absent minded than AB, and has shown more willingness to adapt his play than Big Ben, yet he is vilified constantly.
    What kind of drugs are you on? Reality is foreign to you, for sure. Wallace wasn't anymore absent minded than AB? Wallace set a new world record for being unfocused and not giving an effort. The Genius Book of World Records has come calling. And yet, you still defend him? Any chance you want to defend Hitler?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Its all up to Wallace where he plays. He can be a Steeler if he wants to be a Steeler, but as I have said for some time he doesn't want to be a Steeler.
    For most players, being tied to a team isn't their goal. It's not like us as fans. It's a short-term career and they want to make the most $$ they can. I don't fault them for that.

At the same time, I think Wallace blew negotiations. He could've had a deal better than what Brown got. His future would already have been secured. Personally, I think taking the deal the Steelers offered would have given him the best overall combination of security & wealth (He could still have a career-altering injury in the offseason - like Suggs did). And Wallace could have continued to build his brand/image and made even more $$ with endorsements. But he and his agent decided that they'd play the game and find a bigger contract/payday elsewhere.

That left us with a less-than-dedicated Wallace this season and it showed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    What kind of drugs are you on? Reality is foreign to you, for sure. Wallace wasn't anymore absent minded than AB? Wallace set a new world record for being unfocused and not giving an effort. The Genius Book of World Records has come calling. And yet, you still defend him? Any chance you want to defend Hitler?

I think Hitler was one of the best public speakers ever and incredible at leading people, even if what he was leading towards was terrible.

and you really need to look up that book you keep referencing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    For most players, being tied to a team isn't their goal. It's not like us as fans. It's a short-term career and they want to make the most $$ they can. I don't fault them for that.

At the same time, I think Wallace blew negotiations. He could've had a deal better than what Brown got. His future would already have been secured. Personally, I think taking the deal the Steelers offered would have given him the best overall combination of security & wealth (He could still have a career-altering injury in the offseason - like Suggs did). And Wallace could have continued to build his brand/image and made even more $$ with endorsements. But he and his agent decided that they'd play the game and find a bigger contract/payday elsewhere.

Very well-written and money post.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post

$$$$$

Wallace screwed the pooch and now he won't get a deal much different than what he turned down from the Steelers. A complete waste that he was so stupid.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I've always said Wallace is a one trick pony who has average hands but the hate from the fans is ridiculous. I want him back at a reasonable price.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    $$$$$

Wallace screwed the pooch and now he won't get a deal much different than what he turned down from the Steelers. A complete waste that he was so stupid.
    maybe he will.... maybe he won't... but it's his career. If I'm Wallace I walk into our office and put my stats in a down year up against Brown's with his new contract. Effe you... pay me more than Brown.

I'm a Brown fan too. Just think most Steeler fans are thinking about this as a fan and not a business decision.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Again, compare the per game average of both....

Wallace wasn't significantly better, if at all....

Legend

User Info Menu

remember all the posters that wanted to give him 10+ per year?
    remember how they said he wouldnt be a distraction?
    how missing otas and training camo would hurt him?
    how he is a top 5 wr in the league?

remember how I said the steelers should have reduced his tender when they had the chance?