Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Main Reason for disappointing season - Mike Tomlin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Main Reason for disappointing season - Mike Tomlin

Article hits it correctly:

Mike Tomlin began showing his inability to prepare this team each week

[url]http://nicepickcowher.com/2013/01/01/steelers-2012-season-what-was-most-disappointing/[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

If Bruce Arians wins NFL Coach of the Year this year and Todd Haley wins it next year after he takes Arizona to the playoffs then I would have to say that Tomlin is probably the issue, maybe.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Yep. Tomlin coached those guys to turn the ball over. It was all part of the game plan....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    If Bruce Arians wins NFL Coach of the Year this year and Todd Haley wins it next year after he takes Arizona to the playoffs then I would have to say that Tomlin is probably the issue, maybe.
    in the meantime, Tomlin's team might go to another Super Bowl....

Besides, Bidwill will probably hire Andy Reid today....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Yep. Tomlin coached those guys to turn the ball over. It was all part of the game plan....
    He failed to have them ready to not turn the ball over...it's called better practices, focus......when you have 3 different RB fumble in a game
    that is focus and basic football practices ...

Rookie

User Info Menu

So, now Tomlin has to carry the ball for them?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ridiculous premise. Did Tomlin teach the players how to get injured? Did he teach them to turn over the ball? Does he need to remind them weekly not to get hurt or commit turnovers? Is that part of his failure.

Just change the topic of future threads to "I Don't Like Tomlin So Let Me Invent Something To Criticize Him For"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't blame Tomlin for the TO's but he has to bear some responsibility for not having these guys prepared to beat bad teams. Too many mental mistakes and our fundamentals are horrible....

Our offense is so sloppy, ST's as well...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    He failed to have them ready to not turn the ball over...it's called better practices, focus......when you have 3 different RB fumble in a game
    that is focus and basic football practices ...
    Really, so he should violate the CBA which limits what he can do at practice? You are aware how limited teams are in what they can do at in season practices aren't you or doesn't that support the anti-Tomlin agenda?

The players are at fault! If Tomlin is to blame for anything it is not demanding more from LeBeau and Haley.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

The job of the HC is to put the team in position to win games. If five of the losses were by 3 points or less, I argue that the team was in a position to win those games and didn't get it done....